Manage sales communication tools and support the management of sports sponsorships.
- Oversee the management of internal Sales & Distribution team websites, including site development, site consultation with business owners and measurement of site usage.
- Support the development, launch and on-going management of sales activation plans for the Major League Baseball sponsorship, including event and ticket management.
- Develop field marketing materials in support of sales events and sales programs, including internal emails, print collateral and websites.
- Support the production and development of Sales & Distribution and Enterprise sales communications. Including quarterly financial information, S&D Town Halls and marketing field requests.
Strategically plan and execute successful meetings and events for The Hartford.
- Consulting with internal clients to gain an in-depth understanding of their meeting objectives
- Preparing accurate meeting budgets for internal clients and controllers for review
- Negotiating and contracting with vendors to establish the most cost-effective way to conduct the meeting or event
- Planning off-site events such as dinners, tours, recreation and entertainment
- Creating meeting web sites and on-line registration forms utilizing the system to communicate with attendees and to generate travel related reports
- Managing on-site logistics with travel staff and vendors, providing clear communication and direction
Develop communication and marketing plans that support the initiatives of the Sales & Distribution team.
- Partner with our Sales & Distribution teammates to develop marketing strategies, messages and collateral that promote our Sales & Distribution initiatives with the sales organizations.
- Write S&D communications that highlight the benefits of sales tool enhancements, new sales practices and sales success stories.
- Develop and manage a collaborative relationship across the Small Commercial, Middle Market& Large Commercial, Personal Lines, Group Benefits and Global Specialty marketing teams to support the alignment of Sales & Distribution and segment initiatives.
Minimum experience, education and skills required:
- 5 - 7 years marketing or communications experience required; experience with field sales teams preferred.
- Skills required include a willingness and passion to manage and learn new communication technologies, creativity, excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail, personal accountability for results and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Past event and meeting planning experience with sports sponsorship experience preferred.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering excellent results through collaboration in a matrixed environment.
- Outstanding consultative skills, including the confidence and ability to effectively counsel sales & marketing peers and leaders on how to improve the effectiveness of field-facing campaigns, strategies and programs.
- Ability to manage several complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.