AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Director Marketing will create detailed promotional and advertising plan identifying targeted demographic for each individual show. This position will develop new strategies for existing events by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources. The Director Marketing will oversee the marketing department including progress and performance to ensure assigned work is completed correctly and on deadlines.
- Create detailed promotional and advertising plan identifying targeted demographic for each individual show. Strategize and research new marketing trends and practices to apply to AEG Presents shows, events, festivals and tours. Monitor the purchase of flight plans, promotions for different locations, and partner with public relations team to strategize.
- Oversee the marketing department including progress and performance to ensure assigned work is completed correctly and on deadlines. Provide mentorship and guidance to develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Manage marketing workflow by completing marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Work closely with supervisor to determine department budgets and negotiate with artist management. Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Develop new strategies for existing events by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources.
- Create ad plan for tours, festivals and one off shows. Responsible for the creation of press releases, securing promotion, overseeing the creation of advertising materials and executing plan. Approve radio spots, order festival art, posters, and banners with official graphics, write and produce festival videos, coordinate with legal on sensitive material and vendor contracts.
- Maintain marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Maintain marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Supervise and delegate the work of marketing staff. Guide, mentor and assist other employees.
- Collaborate with booking team to create unique pitches to entice artists to work AEG Presents. Brainstorm to develop new techniques for promotions and interactions with artists.
- Coordinate with PR agencies and record labels to send out press releases and manage day of show press lists. Coordinate press interviews, secure artist availability for promotions and artist availability.
- Identify short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommend options and courses of action; and implement directives.
- Build and cultivate relationships artists and artist management by attending live events, networking lunches, meetings. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Follow up with media outlets and artist management on additional marketing opportunities to increase ticket sales. Liaison with media, venues, vendors, label and artists management.
- Organize and submit ticket holds for promotions, media and artist management to ticketing department. May be responsible for distribution of daily ticket counts.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) Marketing/ Business Communications, PR Preferred
- Years of related work experience: 7-10
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and Photoshop
- Knowledge of brand identity, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategy and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and foster relationships
- Knowledge of media buying, negotiating and documenting agreements
- Knowledge of the music industry and artist demographics
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Experience working with and creating budgets
- Experience working as a promoter a plus.