Reporting to the Vice President Spirits Marketing, the Director Spirits Marketing – Craft & Emerging, will oversee all aspects of marketing for the Constellation Craft and Emerging Spirits portfolio (High West, Casa Noble, Mi Campo, as well as other brands in development) including leading the marketing/creative teams in development and execution of brand strategy, retail programming, marketing communications, and innovation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically about brand architecture, consumer targeting, positioning, and customer marketing while also having the ability to identify future trends and opportunities. The successful Director will be an outstanding manager, team leader, culture builder, business driver and contributor to our Spirits Marketing team.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop the strategic brand framework and architecture– brand positioning, consumer target & activation platform – to drive consumer demand through marketing and communication plans.
- Collaborate with cross functional business teams to deliver brand P&L targets and KPI's.
- Drive the delivery of the brand's long-term vision through the brand's strategic planning process.
- Develop brand mix, pricing, priority market, customer and channel strategies to deliver growth.
- Lead integrated marketing plan process, driving 'omnichannel' presence through collaboration with internal partners (e.g. media, PR, promotions, sponsorships, field marketing) & external agencies.
- Lead strategic allocation of marketing spend based on performance & marketing mix analyses.
- Ensure dollars are spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters. Responsible for maintaining budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume, and profitability expectations.
- Work with commercial partners through S&OP process to project demand and financial plans (volumes, pricing, portfolio mix, marketing investment) to address business opportunities and gaps.
Consumer Insights, Category Knowledge and Product Expertise
- Generate insights from data and research to create growth opportunities and make decisions.
- Provide ongoing category, channel & competitive analysis to influence brand strategy.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of category including key drivers, overall competitive framework, brand/product landscape.
- Anticipate future trends to stay ahead of competition.
- Work with agencies in the creative development process and execution of all national, and local creative campaigns, including television, radio, print, trade, and digital and social media.
- Ensure the proper balance between working and non-working dollars and that production is completed efficiently without compromising quality.
- Collaborate with innovation team in the development of the brand's innovation strategy.
- Work with the innovation and insights teams to identify market opportunities and develop consumer driven innovation initiatives.
- Lead commercialization of innovation and renovation initiatives through Stage Gate Process.
- Brief internal teams and agencies and be accountable for creative output for all brand assets (e.g. liquid, packaging, communication)
- Develop launch plans including commercial, channel and consumer strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for managing the performance and development of the brand team and agencies.
- Drive decisions and results across a matrix organization and cross-functional teams.
- Develops communications for upper management pertaining to marketing updates, budget recaps, and program evaluations.
- Develops presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Bachelor's degree, required; relevant concentration (e.g., Marketing, Strategy, Innovation), preferred
- 10+ years CPG marketing-related experience (tactical & strategic) in a brand-centric environment
- Experience managing P&L and cross functional projects
- Strong analytical skills and extensive experience with data delivery systems
- Experience in developing, evaluating, and producing advertising copy across all mediums (TV, digital, social, etc).
- Experience working with senior leadership on complex problems
- Strong writing, presentation, and influencing communication skills
- Contributes diverse thinking to the Department
- Experience managing: multiple brands/business units and direct reports
- Demonstrates a passion for the spirits business
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Master's Degree in Business with relevant concentration (e.g. Marketing, Strategy, Innovation)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Motivates senior management to take a desired action(s) by presenting a solution, using compelling quantitative and qualitative rationale to a senior management problem/need.
- Leadership Maturity – Aligns vision, principles, and behavior with Constellation Brands' Wine & Spirits Division Vision; Understands and articulates to team how his/her department goals and activities link to Constellation's goals; Demonstrates "can do" attitude even in face of setbacks.
- Personal Development – Embraces measurement and transparency; establishes goals and shares goals subsequent results with Sr. Management.
- Accountability for Results – Effectively balances creative thinking and business pragmatism; vision drives imagination to improve and innovate but is always mindful of current business targets.
San Francisco, CaliforniaAdditional Locations
Full timeJob Area