At SMITH, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we're passionate about our work with clients, and we deliver.
We are looking for a senior marketer, both strategically driven and focused on execution, to join our leadership team. They will help drive growth through the development of our brand and go to market position, as well as the implementation and management of high impact, lead generation activities. The successful candidate will need strong subject matter expertise in marketing and marketing & commerce technology.
Who You Are
The Marketing Director is responsible for leading marketing efforts for SMITH. Focus will be to help drive growth through improving brand awareness of SMITH (20-30%) and lead generation (70-80%).
What You'll Do
Growth & Demand Generation
- Generate demand and drive growth for SMITH through engaging our target markets with thought leadership, our unique market positioning and offerings
- Develop a demand generation engine for SMITH and continually improve upon it
Brand Management, Thought Leadership & Content – SMITH's thought leadership is the best expression of our brand.
- Collaborate closely with our thought leaders to help get content into the marketplace facilitating building our brand and sales pipeline
- Act as custodian of our brand ensuring that it, our capabilities and expertise are understood by the marketplace reinforcing our positioning as "the architects of future commerce"
- Work with the CEO to help define and continually evolve the SMITH value proposition for our clients and for our employees
- Work with the Chief Product Officer to help create go to market offerings.
Marketing Team Leadership
- Lead a dedicated team of three and collaborate with the wider SMITH team that are stakeholders in our marketing
- Build the team as appropriate.
- Work closely with the CEO and members of the Executive Team to develop highly effective go to market strategies and tactics
Key Responsibilities Include:
Lead Generation Activities – Including but not limited to paid media and email
Sales Enablement – Work with sales and solutions leadership teams to develop sales enablement material or to repurpose marketing material to assist in the selling process
Client Development – Work with client leadership teams to repurpose marketing material for account based marketing activities
- Manage the look and feel of smith.co, ensure excellence of content, and further improve the site in developing relationships and as a lead generation engine
- Enhance discoverability through implementing a content strategy and improving SEO
Social – Improve SMITH's image and drive demand through both the corporate, as well as participating individual team members' social presence
Journalist & Influencer Management
- Coordinate ongoing positive media exposure through the development of journalist relationships
- Manage all communications
Industry Analyst Relationship Management
- Develop relationships with industry analysts
- Ensure analysts are aware of our world class offering
- Refine our go-to-market channel strategy
- Develop collaborative relationships with our channel partners to ensure maximum lead generation opportunities and help develop preferred vendor status
- Oversee the management of SMITH's event calendar including owned internal and external events, as well as third party events
- Ensure integration of events to sales and marketing objectives
Marketing Analysis & Management of ROI – Implement measurement of all marketing activities, to determine ROI and facilitate continuous improvement
Competitive Intelligence – Analyze from a competitive/competitor perspective
What We Look For
- An accomplished senior marketing executive with experience in both leading marketing and communications functions, an understanding and ideally experience with each of the key marketing tactics, and the ability to execute, to help drive profitable growth
- Ability to play a collaborative role in establishing marketing and wider company strategy
- Confidence in dealing with all levels of the company
- Charismatic, engaging personality
- Understanding of sales and ability to interact/collaborate well with the sales team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong collaboration capabilities
- Ability to lead teams through both authority and influence. Passion for forming and driving relationships and leading successful teams
- Understanding of our industry, and the channel (platform vendors and their marketing), and a point of view on our value proposition, or the ability to develop these
- Proficient in solutions and capabilities across SMITH, or the ability to become proficient
- Analytical mind and financial management skills to help drive strong ROI