Essential Functions FUNCTIONAL SCOPE MANAGEMENT
- Manage the product management, business development, marcom, and strategic marketing functions of the business
- Collaborate and coordinate with all corporate support functions that directly aid in the execution of the MARKETING scope (e.g. corporate marketing, corporate sourcing, corporate EH&S, etc)
- Direct or oversee market research and analyses to track future marketplace trends, customer needs, competitor data, and product performance.
- Understand key market trends and drive growth in targeted segments of the industry as well as Business Unit selected target niche applications. Coordinate and attend various trade/organization functions to develop business contacts and gather market information.
STRATEGIC PLAN AND FORECASTS
- Drive and lead the development of the strategic plan for the organization
- Develop business forecasts for management and measure results against the forecasts
- Establish and implement the industry overall marketing goals.
- Monitor results and formulate short and long-term marketing strategies
- Develop, review and coordinate product promotion, technical presentations, and advertising through marketing staff and Marketing Communications.
- Provide direction on how and where to position our products and services based on market opportunities and positioning versus competitor strengths and weaknesses
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH
- Oversee innovation and the POL process from idea generation through market analysis and sales/marketing plans to launch.
- Direct or oversee the development and introduction of new products with sales, research, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Engage with customers and the business by leveraging key tools such as situational analysis, sales & marketing plans, EVE tools, marcom resources, and effective product launch programs.
- Supervise or monitor the development of new product pricing, technical literature, advertising campaigns, definitions, specification, and performance standards.
- Ensure a consistent pricing process and execution that delivers profitable growth achieving gross margin targets.
- Monitor and maintain a well-positioned and effective product portfolio to address needs of the market. Tailor the portfolio to meet the performance and compliance needs of specific targeted markets.
SALES FUNNEL AND DISTRIBUTOR MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Support sales with SFDC target alignment
- Support sales with data and trend analysis that can used to drive business reviews with distributors
- Select, train, develop, and motivate an effective supporting staff. Collaborate with Corporate Marketing team.
- Drive and support safety initiatives in the business and the industry
- Other duties assigned as necessary *LI-CB1
Education and Experience
- 10+ years relevant global experiencerequired, including sales/commercial roles
- BS Marketing, Business Administration or applicable technical degree (science, engineering)
- MBA and technical experience strongly preferred
- Printing industry (digital and analog) experience a plus
- Successful track record of effective goal setting to achieve strategic business objectives through focused motivational leadership.
- Ability to mobilize internally and externally to set and achieve business goals; able to articulate and drive required change and translate into actionable objectives for the extended marketing network.
- Marketing excellence: demonstrated depth and breadth across the entire marketing discipline; able to develop broad strategies and drive operational details.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation, research and project coordination skills.
- Ability to apply complex analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
- May supervise a small team of direct reports and have global interactions.
- Is a global thought leader with the ability to influence across functional units
- Leads the function effectively and operates independent of supervision and direction.
- Effectively coaches matrix personnel in other disciplines and business units to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence effectively at the peer level as well as the next level in the organization, globally including the VP/GM level.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.