ECG is seeking a dynamic and creative hands-on marketing director to develop and lead the marketing initiatives for the firm and manage our marketing team. This position will be instrumental in designing and implementing measurable strategies that drive revenue through an integrated multichannel approach (i.e., market messaging, advertising, social media, and issue-oriented content, as well as digital content).
The marketing director will work with division leaders and key stakeholders to develop a strategic, data-driven marketing plan and track and assist in defining the healthcare issues that each of our divisions will clarify and communicate to our clients. This position requires strong strategic marketing and conceptual skills, as well as communication and project management skills necessary to implement marketing programs, including strategic planning, brand management, project workflow management, digital marketing, and market analysis, and to manage a creative team. The position reports to one of our principals who assists in leading the marketing department and may be based in our Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, or Chicago office.
The role of marketing director includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work with firm leadership to develop, refine, and execute the firm's marketing strategy.
- Execute the marketing strategy to highlight our service offerings and tools, while supporting client-facing professionals in their marketing plans.
- Lead staff to develop a results-oriented and measurable social media strategy and an on-site conference strategy.
- Ensure consistent messaging for the ECG brand across marketing channels and mediums.
- Work closely with division and practice leaders to articulate our value proposition.
- Provide marketing guidance and support business development initiatives through content, lead generation, and outreach.
- Create and manage the marketing budget.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and proactively communicate marketing team activities, as well as campaign progress and results.
- Provide quarterly reports of annual plan progress.
- Manage internal direct reports and external vendors.
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience within the business-to-business healthcare and/or management consulting industry
- Bachelor's degree in marketing required, MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- Thorough understanding of social media marketing strategies
- Proven track record of quantifying ROI and driving decision-making by analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience in leading and managing a marketing team
- Experience with CRM systems
- Understanding of managing marketing software that will be used by the team
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess the personal presence and confidence to work directly with firm leadership, external vendors, and key associations
- Ability to travel approximately 20%