What you’ll do:
The Director of Marketing, E-commerce is responsible for driving awareness, site traffic, and consumer adoption of cvs.com/shop and – our core e-commerce business as well as all fulfillment options (ie Curbside Pick-up). You will lead a small, nimble team in the development of marketing solutions to deepen loyalty with existing online shoppers and attract new prospects that haven’t yet considered CVS as an online retailer. The team is responsible for leveraging qualitative and quantitative customer data to unlock barriers to trial and use. They are also responsible for partnering with subject matter experts to identify the most effective Marketing channels to leverage to drive efficient traffic and sales – leveraging owned channels (e.g. email) and paid media channels including traditional, digital and emerging, engaging shoppers in the most relevant manner to them resulting in increased trips and loyalty. Partnering closely with senior merchant and digital leaders, you will help deliver business plans through the development of insight based, breakthrough marketing ideas and programs. You’ll also be responsible for developing relationships with key internal and external ways to identify new and innovative Marketing ways to solve business problems, particularly surrounded our efforts to grow our omni-channel customer base. We’re looking for a leader who also has a proven track record in testing and validating emerging marketing ideas and leading a broad team. Given the nature and pace of digital, this leader must be able to lead and do.
• Drive the overall marketing strategy and marketing plans for omni-channel engagement and customer growth, helping to deliver on business plans and objectives - - with a keen focus on optimizing what is working on and thinking big and broad about new ways to reach customers
• Manage the team that is responsible for flawlessly delivering on weekly sales goals for e-commerce and omni-channel customer growth
• Leads the development of annual marketing plans in support of our e-commerce, including identifying and bringing new ideas and innovative approaches to the organization.
• Developing marketing strategies to drive trips through rapid, emerging opportunities in the digital space including the strategic use to digital media products
• Becomes to go-to partner for Digital leaders to identify, understand, and collaboratively solve for shopper barriers driving sales change and develop strategies to drive incremental sales and share growth.
• Proactively partner with the Digital Development team to identify experiences enhancements that should be built, that will unlock more front end value
• Identifying Unmet Shopper Needs or Immerging Trends and Collaborating with Digital first to provide shoppers with solutions.
• Seamlessly pivot back and forth from providing thoughtful insight on strategic marketing efforts and day-to-day project management of campaigns in development
• With a keen sense of detail and organization skills, ensure the team is carefully executing across multiple marketing channels, with a heavy focus on email, store signage, and owned websites as critical customer touch points
• Provide thought leadership to identify trends and implement best practices for digital marketing, including analytics, SEM/SEO, email marketing, social media marketing and content amplification
• Build out not just adoption, but ongoing engagement and retention strategies
• Leads a results-oriented focus with team through partnership with Finance and Analytics to understand post-analysis measurement efforts against established metrics.
• Proactive self-education around retail and marketing industry trends / best practices to identify opportunities that are consistent with, and reinforce the CVS Health brand.
• A passion for e-commerce, consumer behavior, and digital innovation
• Manage and develop direct reports.
• Travel required: up to 10%.
• 8+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding.
• 6+ years cross-functional leadership experience.
• 4+ years of retail marketing or retail agency/strategy experience.
• 4+ years of e-commerce marketing experience
• 4+ years of digital marketing experience including examples of testing and validating emerging opportunities