Marketing Director, Clinical Laboratories
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
The position is a line of business (LOB) Director for all existing Clinical Laboratories (CL) menu and CL instruments. This position is responsible for the successful growth of the CL business, which today consists of approximately $480M. The Marketing Director, Clinical Laboratories, is the lead for the development, execution and tracking of strategic and tactical plans for the CL line of business, This position has overall accountability for new product launches, demand/financialforecasting models, P&L LOB management, Regional value proposition development and FSF selling tool support.
This position will maintain and grow collaboration and partnerships with the Global Product Marketing teams for both assays and instruments and work directly with Sales leadership and Learning & Development to ensure Ortho Clinical Diagnostics meets and exceeds our business performance goals.
- 30%: Develop and maintain a strategic, launch, marketing and communication plan for Assays and instruments.
- 20%: Tracking, analysis and interpretation of key performance indicators to effectively manage LOB performance
- 15%: People Management: Oversee a team, provide mentoring, performance check in and development plans
- 10%: Develop and represent LOB assessment, progress, opportunities/risks analysis and presentations to ELT
- 15%: Collaborate and partner with Business Fields, Sales leadership and Learning and Development
- 10%: Collaborate with internal NA internal Marketing teams (i.e. Marketing/Commercial Excellence, analytics)
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Business case development
- Sales excellence model support and CL LOB srategy/tactic adoption
- SOE participation and support
- Demand forecasting (S&OP) participation and support
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- MBA is strongly preferred and/or other advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing/commercial/sales within the healthcare industry is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly managing others
- Experience managing a line of business is preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills are required
- Approximately 25% domestic travel is required
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position