The Marketing Content & Communications Manager is a critical part of our Demand Generation team within the marketing department – serving as the primary external voice of the organization. This position will be responsible for a range of marketing content and communications functions, predominantly focused on being the expert in areas of content development and then supporting that content through communication practices to maximize the reach and impact of each content asset.
The ideal candidate will have phenomenal brand voice and writing savvy, B2B communications skills, practice in content of various formats in the modern digital age, technological astuteness, and a flare for social media, public relations and other organic marketing channels. He or she will strike the balance between “ideation” and “execution” – possessing the ability to both develop sound strategy and follow through with end-to-end execution.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Strategically contribute and assist in the development of FARO’s value proposition messages via content development and the effective leveraging of a broad range of communication channels.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in the development of new marketing content such as videos, case studies, slide decks, whitepapers, infographics, e-books and any other sales enablement tools.
- Serve as trusted editor for all customer-facing marketing content, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing and proofreading prior to publication.
- Manage the company’s content hosting channels to ensure the timely distribution of actionable content that both educates and entertains.
- Drive the execution of a full-range of public and media relations activities, including maximizing media exposure, writing press releases, and managing advertising and content development schedules.
- Build and manage the company’s social media presence to grow followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters.
- Serve as a constant contributor and at times project leader for demand generations campaigns, advertisements and ad hoc initiatives as required.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related area of study
- Minimum of 3 years of content and communications experience
- Exceptional writing skills; able to draft communications for various platforms, formats and purposes while capturing a consistent voice and driving action or engagement.
- Experience with B2B and/or technology business communications and content development.
- Excellent team communication and self-organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with demand generation marketing, inbound marketing and blogging with an eagerness to learn and continue to hone your skills and the marketing practices of FARO.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external subject matter experts, journalists, customers and executive leadership.
- Expert command of best practices and trends in social media marketing with an understanding of how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Tenacious self-starter possessing good judgment and demonstrated success working independently as a strategist and business partner.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, changing environment as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Business acumen and understanding of how marketing contributes to overall corporate goals while still maintaining a customer-driven marketing perspective.
- Proficient at using analytics to make decisions and metrics to demonstrate results.
- Martech experience relevant to the role of marketing content and communications, such as digital content management/creation (Ex: Uberflip, WordPress, Spark, Promo, SnapApp, Unbounce, Optimizely, etc.), email marketing/automation on the content/communication side (Ex: Constant Contact, Eloqua, Infusionsoft, Pardot, etc.), survey and content syndication (Ex: SurveyMonkey, TechValidate, etc.), public relations (Ex: Cision, PRNewswire, HARP, etc.)
- Multilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus, but not required.
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events