The Marketing Communications Writer Sr. is responsible for providing advanced creative and technical advice and writing support for the development and implementation of highly complex marketing communication materials. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with business leaders to identify business objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of communication plans and materials, and recommends communication strategies and implementation approaches.
- Collaborates with creative teams on customer needs, and develops and implements communication solutions.
- Researches, writes, edits, and reviews content for traditionally printed programs (marketing collateral, trade publication advertising, direct mail, etc.) and/or digital programs (online advertising, micro sites, text campaigns, etc.).
- Ensures all materials meet internal and external business and legal standards and follows appropriate corporate standards, guidelines, and approval processes.
- Develops budget and negotiates services with outside vendors as required.
- Identifies improvement/efficiencies that support operational excellence, and supports business initiatives (plain language, standardization, going paperless, etc).
- Mentors other communication specialists and support staff.
Requires a BA/BS degree; 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in health care or managed care preferred.