Marketing Communications Manager, PHI - (207565)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directs all marketing communications work to advance PHI and Exelon priorities, reputation, and branding. Develops strategic, longterm marketing communications plans as needed by the Director and Vice President of Communications, with primary focus on digital marketing strategy and execution. Oversees internal or external marketing communications and works in or with the business units to coordinate content, guidelines and implementation, and to ensure consistent messaging and corporate identity. Responsibilities include advertising, marketing, media relations, corporate responsibility and sponsorship projects, interaction with and oversight of vendors – including external agencies and digital ad buyers -- and community outreach. Leads marketing communications staff. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of PHI Communications and VP of Communications, in support of other internal communications positions. This position reports to the Director of PHI Communications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Ensure effective communication of company goals and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
2. Support and participate in the development and implementation of internal and external communications programs and initiatives.
3. Manage a variety of internal, external and marketing communications tasks to support leadership, including preparation of a range of digital marketing and advertising strategy, communications publications, talking points, presentations, and other materials.
4. Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
5. Manage a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
6. Analyze marketing trends and recommend best practices guidelines and staff trainings.
7. Manage vendor/agency relationships in the development of collateral, and the execution of projects.
- Proven, excellent communications skills both written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field; 5-7 years experience in communications and publications.
- Energy business/industry knowledge.
- Position reports directly to the Director of PHI Communications. Position is based full-time at PHI Headquarters in the District of Columbia.
- Position activities are focused on internal and external communications, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by communications managers across all business units
- Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, significant writing, editing and development of communications materials, and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Communications.
- Requires strong writing, editing and project management skills.
- High level of organization, strategic thinking, and presentation required
- Operates independently with little or no supervision.