Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop market intelligence and competitive intelligence ecosystems, as well as measureable / traceable elements within each, with a focus on leveraging digital platforms including appropriate social media and expanded web presence
- Aid in naming products and business areas to create product alignment within the customers mind
- Be the expert on our competition; explore and implement strategies to effectively compete
- Leverage digital and direct marketing tools and tactics to drive demand and lead-generation from top-of-funnel to downstream conversion using Microsoft CRM
- Act as a key contributor in the development of product strategies to ensure competitive product positioning including market analysis, multi-generational product planning with supporting technology insertion, key platform strategies and associated service strategies.
- Build strategic partnerships with external agencies and organizations to advance L3’s position on key issues.
- Develop and manages marketing and market intelligence initiatives that are in support of short and long-term strategic objectives, including operationalizing a documented strategy that is socialized, managed, tracked and measured across the organization.
- Actively contributes and collaborates on the development and execution of “go to market plans” for key campaigns.
- Develop, maintain and execute marketing, promotional, advertising campaigns and initiatives to help drive sales, product launches and brand awareness.
- Develop design requirements for marketing efforts such as trade show graphics, print collateral, online and photo shoots.
- Collaborate with business development on tradeshow selections and pre/post show tradeshow promotions and sponsorships and work withevents manager to ensure tradeshow presence, product showcase and logistical requirements are delivered on time and on budget.
- Drive and execute on public relations campaigns including product launches, announcements, proactive government relations efforts, as well as execute reactive engagement and media response to current events, news, congressional rulings, etc.
- Work with management to define and measure effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with all company, policies and procedures.
- Comply with all applicable company export control and security regulations.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Coordinate with VP Marcomm, ISR Segment for all messages
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience in marketing management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible product management or marketing management (or related functional experience) in both small and large company environments in Government/DoD markets and familiarity with export regulations and licensing requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and application of digital marketing techniques, tools, platforms and service providers
- Working knowledge of lead generation and marketing automation
- Experience with CRM tools and concepts
- Experience developing marketing programs across different channels, from print to media to social
- Experience developing growth strategies/tactics in the defense electronics and software.
- Experience developing successful marketing strategies that extend over a 1-5 year time span.
- Broad general knowledge of the high-technology and engineering industries in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) industries, or industries supporting integrated systems in the Defense, Intelligence and National Security verticals.
- Proven record of evaluating marketing campaigns and programs from multiple data sources, and drawing clear conclusions and actionable recommendations
- A demonstrated passion for the customer experience, written and media communications, and knowledge of how to leverage each to achieve communication goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, understand business challenges, and formulate effective marketing plans that support business goals and improve business results.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of emerging marketing trends and methods, and integrate these practices into plans to maximize effectiveness
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding target goals. Must be a creative, self-starter with a bias-for-action and change, and who continuously challenges the status quo with novel ideas and solutions.
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- The ability to translate goals into actionable and measurable plans and communicate these results to leaders
- Excellent analytical, time and project management/execution, and organizational skills with keen attention to detail. Ability to work in an unstructured environment and manage complex situations and multiple priorities with positive outcomes.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), and Microsoft Project®.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills. Must be able to lead and develop solid teams, manage processes and build relationships and influence decisions. Demonstrated success in increasing performance through employee training and development.
- Must have awareness of export and licensing requirements, FAR, ITAR, etc.
- Ability to understand technical products with knowledge and understanding of SIGINT, ELINT, COMINT, big data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, antennas and command and control systems. Must be available to travel.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.