Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
DIVISION/ GROUP OVERVIEW:
Hubbell Lighting (a division of Hubbell Incorporated) is one of the largest lighting manufacturers in North America. The company's Components business, based in Elgin IL, provides standard and custom solutions to OEM's in the indoor and outdoor lighting industries. Product categories include high-performing LED drivers, LED light engines, energy-saving lighting controls and surge protectors. Custom electronic, optical and thermal design services as well as manufacturing for LED light engines and related products are provided. Products are manufactured in the USA and exceed customer expectations in turn-around time and flexibility.
The Marketing Communications Manager contributes to the implementation of the Hubbell Lighting Components print and digital communications strategy featuring Thomas Research Products and Norlux.
- Creating and implementing plans to increase market share.
- Development of literature, web and other media content, print, direct mail and other advertising.
- Plan promotional campaigns.
- Coordination of marketing and technical contents.
- Market research – collecting, organizing, and reporting on relevant and credible data such as size, features, and benefits for products in the market.
- Evaluate market data analysis and monitor market trends.
- Assure overall quality, consistency and accuracy of all Hubbell Lighting Marketing Communications.
- Manages production and distribution in coordination with vendors and the Print Shop & Fulfillment team.
- Coordinates tradeshow events, oversees and coordinates distributor and trade show display and incentive programs as directed.
- Develops social mediacampaigns, monitors accounts, and maintains social media connections.
- Prepares and distributes departmental announcement bulletins.
- Maintains the Marketing Communications department electronic archives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce effective promotional materials.
- The marketing Communications Manager is expected to make continued improvements to departmental processes and infrastructure in order to increase the effectiveness of brand marketing efforts.
- Responsible for development, analysis, and execution of budgets, which are used to allocate current resources and estimate future financial requirements.
- Develops annual objectives for the department and reviews with department personnel and manager periodically.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- 7+ years' experience in marketing or advertising and supervision required.
- Prior experience is required in both traditional and digital marketing communications processes in a manufacturing environment, preferably in electronics manufacturing.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must be results driven, ambitious, and eager to adjust to the changing needs of our organization.
- Familiarity or practical knowledge of Macintosh-based graphical design, publishing and imaging software required. Including MS PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite Cloud applications, Wordpress, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5S lean principles a plus.