Job/Position and Role Summary:
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing CTS’ corporate brand and marketing communications initiatives. This includes the development of clear communication plans to execute on the corporate brand and marketing plan, aligning our key messages with the appropriate audiences and deliver communications through the most effective channels. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the corporate website and social media sites are updated with accurate content and a look and format that are consistent with the brand and company objectives. This position will work closely with the leaders of each business unit to ensure the main strategic areas of focus receive appropriate marketing messaging support and also work closely with engineers to develop content for diverse print and digital media.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all company communications, signage, work environments and other visual materials adhere to CTS’ Visual Identity Guidelines.
- Continue to maintain and refine CTS’ Visual Identity Guidelines as needs/desires evolve.
- Build standardization practices/procedures for the global production of signage, literature, promotional items, business cards, etc.
- Develop and maintain a database of current photography, videography, and other stock images for intra-company access.
Digital Marketing Management
- Manage and maintain each of CTS’ web domains, working with vendors and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Maximize CTS’ search engine optimization through the regular posting and curation of press releases, product releases, corporate announcements, etc.
- Manage and maintain internal e-mail marketing system and execute new product releases / news bulletins as required.
- Oversee and execute the amplification of CTS communications by leveraging social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, YouTube).
- Coordinate paid marketing efforts via Google AdWords or industry newsletters as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Gather and analyze data analytics from websites, e-mail marketing platform and social media accounts.
External Communications Management – Business Development
- Work with business leaders across the company to develop strategic marketing plans to fit pre-determined budgets in order to meet product marketing and salessupport objectives.
- Execute strategic marketing plans and coordinate the development and scheduling of prescribed marketing tactics. These are to include the coordination of trade shows, and industry event sponsorships; booking and development of print and digital advertisements; development of digital media (videos); coordination and curation of press releases, white papers or new product announcements; development of sales tools or presentations.
- Ensure that business unit stakeholders are able to easily access information for business development objectives.
External Communications Management – Investor Relations
- Work closely with finance and accounting leadership to ensure that CTS is in full compliance with SEC regulations. This includes ensuring timely and accurate posting of financial information to the www.ctscorp.com domain as well as curating and schedulingfinancial press releases.
- Assist in the development and management of the CTS Investor Presentation for use by company leadership.
- Coordinate investorevents as required.
Internal Communications Management
- Develop and distribute CTS Corporation’s internal employee newsletter in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Facilitate internal announcements on CTS Corporation’s internal corporate portal.
Media Relations/Public Relations Management
- React to local, national and trade media requests for comment on behalf of CTS with careful consideration of CTS’ agreed upon messaging for a variety of topics
- Coordinate issues management communications with senior leadership and business representatives
- B.S. degree, with a major in Marketing, English or communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of prior experience in a corporate branding / communications role. Preference for work in a manufacturing organization.
- Media analysis, basic computer knowledge and experience.
- Solid understanding of technical manufacturing and B-to-B marketing.
- Global travel to individual business units, industry trade show and misc. local suppliers (10 – 15% of time).
- Additional languages are a plus (Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge/understanding of brand management.
- Good graphic design skills, including photography and videography in adherence to company standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization and outside vendors.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Can effectively assess needs of internal partners and identify impactful marketing solutions to meet business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- corporate brand marketing and/or communications: 5years