As organizations look to modernize by moving to the cloud and building new applications, they need a trusted service to manage identity for their employees, customers, and partners. Enter Okta. We’re on a mission to enable any company to securely use any technology.
Okta’s customer and content marketing team’s charter is to extend the reach of Okta’s story to targeted audiences through interesting and meaningful content. Layer on top of that multiple solutions, target personas, industries, regions and sales segments, and there’s a huge opportunity to deliver the right content, at the right time, to the right audience.
To support Okta’s growing business, we’re looking for a creative, proactive and approachable Marketing Communications Manager to expand our content programs, manage the creation and distribution of new content, and write new assets to tell the Okta story. This person will be content air traffic controller, responsible for working closely with product marketing, demand generation, sales enablement, corporate marketing and both internal and external writers to build, catalog and distribute compelling content for IT, developer and security audiences.
The ideal candidate will share our passion for creative marketing, be collaborative, and come up with new ways to engage our prospective customers, influencers and current customers. We pride ourselves on building and sharing meaningful and relevant content, and we need your help to do it at scale!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of marketing communication programs. Create systems and process for internal consumers of content.
- Catalog our large range of existing content by audience, topic, objectives, and date, and make that catalog easy to consume for internal audiences.
- Act as central resource across marketing and product teams to manage content library.
- Identify content gaps and liaise with key stakeholders to fill those gaps.
- Deliver new content that drives brand awareness, engagement and demand for Okta.
- Curate and manage internal and external writers to ensure they deliver high quality content that is delivered on time and on brand.
- Write! Project management is critical, but we want someone who is passionate about writing and can also contribute high quality content on a regular basis.
- Be data driven. Establish, track and analyze performance and engagement metrics to determine what we should be doing more of and what we should do less.
- This role will be approximately 50% project management and 50% writing.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant B2B technology content marketing experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal skills are a must. This person will liaise with multiple internal stakeholders, must be able to manage content creators, and also jump in to write and edit new assets.
- We’re looking for someone who is creative, flexible and a self-starter.
- Okta is a fast-paced, agile work environment and we need the best and brightest to support our growing team. Proven experience managing multiple projects at once.
- Bachelors degree in Technology, Communications, or related field.