We are seeking an experienced, Global Marketing Communications Manager for the Neuromodulation Division of a Fortune 200 Company. This strategic business partner will be a part of the global marketing team and function in a global capacity as a communications and channel expert.This candidate will support Movement Disorders.
The ideal candidate will lead communications strategy, execution, and dissemination of product marketing campaigns across multiple channels and geographies to enable sales and build the Abbott Brand. As a confident communicator and writer, this candidate should be to provide some high-level executive and KOL support.
To be successful in this role, one must strive to possess a deep understanding of the business, product, customer, distribution channel and competitors while applying their perspective and expertise in marketing communications. This person can both generate and execute upon fresh ideas in a competitive environment.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Can be located in Austin, TX or St. Paul, MN.
Scope of responsibility
- Develop a deep understanding of the marketing business plans, Abbott Neuromodulation products, and the diseases these solutions address, and the customers and patients who benefit from our solutions
- develop an understanding of competitive products, marketing, and promotional programs
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the nuances of different global geographies and selling divisions to ensure communications campaigns enable all sales organizations
- Lead global product messaging and positioning guide creative campaign development.
- Partner to create and execute campaigns in specific geographies, such as the U.S., Europe or Asia
- Build annual global, integrated marketing communications plans based on the annual operating plan, including Integrated Marketing Business Plans, to support commercialization of products and drive sales
- Lead the development and execution of measurable, omnichannel communications strategies and campaigns globally to support the commercialization and drive sales.
- Establish clear goals, developing metrics (KPI) to determine effectiveness
- Be responsible for (monthly or quarterly) data reports and updates that encompass budget and measurable results
- Develop campaign level communications plans
- Manage and develop vendor relationships
- Supervise and hire vendors and contractors as needed for different projects and programs providing work direction and project budget management
- Collaborate closely with peers in Marketing Services, PR, and Corporate Communications to align on product launches, campaigns, process, strategies, best practices, and efficiencies
- Set congress/convention communications objectives and execution for larger events, which feature products that are covered in assigned campaigns
- Support initiatives to strategically develop and deploy content across multiple channels, especially measurable digital channels
- Develop and manage budgets for assigned business unit(s)
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, English or equivalent
- An MBA or master’s degree in communications Preferred
- 5-7 years of progressively more responsible work experience in the field of marketing communications and the industry of medical device, advertising, pharmaceutical, healthcare, or another similar field
- Neuromodulation experience preferred
- Knowledge of digital strategies in regulated industries preferred
- Three years of experience managing vendors and contract support
- Track record of delivering measurable, successful omnichannel communications campaigns
- Ability to analyze campaign metrics and outcomes to inform and implement campaign course corrections as needed
- Experience managing a budget encompassing campaign finances
- Experience working with a global brand
- Experience working with colleagues in and on campaigns that are for different geographies, including U.S., Europe, and Asia
- This individual should be professional mature and capable of juggling multiple priorities and many demanding stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Comprehensive personal computer skills including demonstrated spreadsheet, powerpoint, word and database management capabilities are required
- Ability to write for multiple audiences (submit samples with application)
- Experience working with sales enablement tools, including the web and mobile apps, are critical
- An entrepreneurial, take-charge, change-agent spirit is critical with a passion for working in the healthcare industry
- Ability to work within a team as a working manager in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Prioritize to meets deadlines
- Set clear expectations to avoid scope creep on projects
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to travel approximately 10-15%, including internationally
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance