The Marketing & Communications Content Manager will be integral part of the CECO marketing and communications team, working with key internal stakeholders, and creative agencies to manage and execute marketing content, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales growth, brand positioning for a customer-centric organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Research, create, and edit content for all marketing vehicles to include: marketing campaign content, customer notifications, blog posts, business case studies, sales collateral, video scripts, and infographics.
o Balance business objectives, stakeholder demands, and trending topics with customer expectations to deliver an impactful and meaningful message.
o Coordinate assigned topics of CECO blog and write/edit blog posts.
o Develop, and/or coordinate with subject matter experts as needed to pull together engaging content that is on brand and ready to hand over for publishing or broadcast.
o Ensure content assignments are submitted, published, and retired (if applicable) on schedule.
o Produce messaging guides to support campaigns, product launches, and other communication projects.
• Support digital platforms through content development of emails, landing pages, and social media content, as assigned.
• Maintain a consistent voice that represents the brand, adjusting tone and style for each audience.
• Manage a content calendar and the content library.
• Support other departments, as assigned, through collaboration on story ideas, copy-editing, and proofreading.
• Working with others as needed to develop cross-channel the content strategy and editorial content calendar.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or relevant Communications field required. In addition to minimum experiencerequired, degree may be substituted with relevant experience on a year-for-year basis.
• 10+ years’ experience in marketing & communications writing, journalism, multichannel content creation and/or management for digital and traditional platforms.
• Experience with telling a story using words, images, and/or video and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
• Ability to think of the customer first, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
• Ability to create long-form content and ability to produce real-time (immediate) content.
• A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
• Ability to work within monthly and weekly deadlines.
• Very strong editor and proofreader with exceptional organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Extreme attention to detail; obsessive about correct spelling, spacing, and punctuation.
• Ability to accept and incorporate critiques from multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrates experience with all forms of written marketing collateral, ranging from creative conceptualization of ideas, to copywriting, to representation of customer-driven messages through multiple media types. Specific requirements include: Proficient use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Require some basic design and layout experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Knowledge of additional presentation software desired.
• Outstanding organizational and project management skills to manage editorial schedules, deadlines, and multiple concurrent projects. This includes managing content sources and coordinating with other resource agencies.
• Video editing/directing experience a plus.
Requisition ID : 1125