ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare’s mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Purpose: Responsible for developing and implementing marketing communications plans that support acquisition, retention and positive member experience in commercial insurance segments (large group, small group, and individual) and other businesses. Identify and use the full marketing mix, including advertising, marketing collaterals, online/web, social media, events and lead generation tactics to reach target audiences with powerful, persuasive messages. Manage projects with multiple deliverables and hard deadlines from start to finish, aligning the work of internal resources and external vendors to achieve business goals.
- Develop marketing briefs and comprehensive communication plans to support product, segment and distribution channel business initiatives.
- Work with internal departments – Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations and others – to ensure that marketing and business plans are aligned to corporate goals.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives (including advertising, direct response, collaterals, web, PR, email, social media, events and sales support tools) with appropriate messages and branding.
- Develop marketing plans and communications to engage and inform brokers, employers and group plan sponsors.
- Lead internal creative staff, agency and freelance talent in executing high-quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Manage time and resources so as to deliver with urgency the needed tools for peak open enrollment seasons for groups and individuals.
- Possess the financial/budget acumen, creativity and results orientation to recommend relevant and cost-effective tactic selection and execution.
- Champion the ConnectiCare brand by abiding company graphic standards and communication tone, including commitment to plain language. Use tact and diplomacy in educating internal constituents about how those standards help achieve business objectives.
- Ensure that all tactics comply with marketing guidelines and government regulations as well as ConnectiCare privacy and social media policies.
- Serve as communication liaison and resource for corporate projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a marketing setting. Previous experience in health care/managed care industry desirable.
- Strong knowledge of business-to-consumer and business-to-business marketing.
- Must have a strong team orientation and excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and influence skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills and an orientation toward process improvement.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in order to manage projects and address the needs and concerns of internal constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily sedentary.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment and software.
- Must be flexible with schedule to meet demands of job in peak seasons.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VConnectiCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Tracking Code 19-008