Dewberry’s national water practice is growing. We are looking for a Marketing/Business Development Specialist to partner with our Water Market Segment Leadership Team to drive the national strategy for growth of Dewberry’s water business. The role requires a client focused, highly motivated, organized, outgoing, and team oriented professional to support regional and national growth strategy implementation and to support business development activities consistent with the water practice growth goals. The candidate will primarily focus on Dewberry’s national water practice, working collaboratively with the Water Market Segment Leader, subject matter experts, and regional leadership to help grow our national water organization.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Additional details regarding the role include:
- Provide dedicated support to drive efficient business development processes focused on priority national water clients and growth
- Lead and drive knowledge management and sharing across the Water Market Segment (WMS), including:
- Engaging with geographically dispersed water teams to learn staff capabilities, experience, key client relationships, market trends, and growth opportunities
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of our national water capabilities, qualifications, and experience
- Identifying or coordinating the development of relevant sales materials to leverage across the WMS (e.g. past proposals, brochures, SOQs, graphics, presentations, etc.)
- Proactively sharing pertinent sales materials across the WMS
- Partner with local and regional marketing leads to help drive priority client focus, support national level pursuits, and support a proactive business development process
- Actively participate in developing and implementing the national water market segment strategy including planning, updating, and driving tactics to grow and improve the practice
- Support for management of tactical plan activities consistent with the strategy
- Lead and coordinate regional and national promotional activities supporting growth of our water business including conferences, client events, sponsorship opportunities, and other externally focused activities
- Support internal and external social media communications promoting Dewberry’s water brand
- Support and drive internal collaboration activities aimed at enhancing teamwork and knowledge share among our geographically diverse water staff
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams and business development staff to engage available resources and support successful implementation of the growth strategy
- Utilize or develop Client Relationship Management (CRM) tools, forms, templates, presentations to help achieve the national water practice growth strategy
- Establish a network of marketing, business development, and water leaders across Dewberry’s geographies to help drive growth of the practice
- Accumulate, organize, and share pertinent qualifications, experience, and marketing collateral across the WM
- Support business development and operational personnel in market research, competitor analysis, and client intelligence
- Make recommendations on opportunities to pursue and support the go/no-go decision process
- Work with teams to develop client plans and project capture plans for water growth opportunities
- Drive, track, and communicate progress of positioning activities for strategic pursuits
- Prepare action plans to implement the strategies for water growth clients and opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of marketing collateral for water pursuits
- Collaborate with regional teams to develop water SOQs, proposals, interview materials, etc.
- Work in tandem with business development and operations personnel to determine go/no-go decisions, pursuit win strategies, craft sales messages, assemble pursuit teams, and drive the proposal process
- Review the performance of the business development/marketing function to determine whether goals were met (e.g., hit ratios, budget to actual comparisons, ratios of marketing expenditures to size of contract and other variables)
- Participate in related water association activities, as appropriate, including WEF, AWWA, and other pertinent regional/local organizations
- Manage multiple pursuit efforts and teams simultaneously
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Liberal Arts or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years’ experience supporting water business development teams, managing proposal efforts, and supporting implementation of growth strategies
- Strong preference for someone with experience in the water/wastewater consulting engineering industry
- Ability to successfully collect, manage, and share knowledge across water teams to support efficient business development and growth
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe InDesign. Other graphics software and CRM database experience is also desired.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Effective management skills including team building, planning, organization, problem identification/resolution, and resource management
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in a collaborative work environment
Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.