Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Marketing and Business Development department in New York as a Marketing & Business Development Specialist.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of assigned sub-practice areas to ensure that assignments and projects are effectively managed and in alignment with the firm's overall strategic efforts; ensure that client service is exceptional.
- Advise lawyers and Business Development colleagues on firm best practices in relation to marketing and business development activities.
- Liaise with international counterparts—across four continents—to promote Mayer Brown's brand and global platform.
- Provide overall marketing administrative support to the adversarial practice's marketing and business development team via collecting and maintaining matter data, preparing research reports, and engaging in other related business-development activities.
- Support responses to RFPs, pitches, presentations, and other opportunities via the development of written proposal and presentation materials for assigned practice(s), and liaise with client teams and industry groups when appropriate.
- Collect matter data for Mayer Brown's global adversarial practice and manage matter database to ensure data quality and accessibility.
- Develop and maintain ranking publication/industry survey content for assigned practice(s); respond to league table/industry survey requests or ranking submissions.
- Track business-development activities in the United States and abroad.
- Engage in research and analysis and competitive intelligence gathering for strategic planning, competitive firm positioning, and business development activities for assigned practice(s), and identify speaking opportunities.
- Periodically review and consult with lawyers in assigned practice(s) regarding their profiles and practice descriptions to ensure that all content is current.
- Support direct marketing and business development programs for assigned practice(s), including support for webinars, seminars, sponsorships, and other events pursued by the firm.
- Support thought-leadership campaigns, including project management and mining of data for business-development opportunities.
- Provide additional ad hoc support for the adversarial practice as required and provide back-up as needed to fellow members of the adversarial Business Development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Research, or Communications required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of offerings
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize firm databases and outside-vendor databases
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis' InterAction or similar CRM systems
- Familiarity with WebEx and/or On24 webinar platforms
- Four or more years of demonstrated success in a marketing, research, management, and/or communications-related field, either in the professional services (e.g., law, accounting, banking, or consulting) or in a comparable position(s) in the corporate, trade association, or academic sectors
- Very strong written and oral-communication skills
- Proven project-management skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented; must have the ability to work independently and make decisions
- Demonstrated good judgment; a team-first approach; meticulous and results driven
- Ability to draft new copy/edit technical writing
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.