ABB is seeking a Business Development Leader, consists of face to face customer interaction, independently and in support of Front End Sales. Position will be responsible for identification and communication of sales opportunities, and the procurement of orders with product development and support of internal business processes. This position will work with and cross traditional business channels, markets, regions, products and customers to promote top line business growth that meets set financial objectives. This position will work closely with a number of departments, including Finance, Engineering, and Operations. It also includes gaining an intimate working knowledge of the product and processes of manufacturing and marketing of products in the industrial market. The position will require interpretation of specifications, quotation preparation, processing orders, and product promotion to field sales and customers. The position will report to the Commercial Operations Manager, Dry Type Transformers, North American Market.
Typical duties/responsibilities for Marketing Representative may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work primarily remote from Bland with FES, other channels and end user customers to develop demand for ABB Dry-type transformers. Investigate requirements, define scope and objectives of projects, and prepare information to be distributed to other departments to facilitate the design and manufacture of the required equipment. Initiate and promote cost-effective measures to improve operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Prepare quotations, based on customer specifications, and conduct related marketing functions in securing orders. Provide technical and commercial support to customers and field sales personnel including visits to customer sites. Coordinate with other groups to ensure meeting requirements.
• Provide guidance for maintenance of a wide variety of business processes. Provide support; ensure accuracy of information and responsiveness to customer requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of Business Development or Sales experience.
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of Business Development or Sales experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of Business Development or Sales experience.
• Requires broad knowledge of businesses and their applications, and ability to influence decisions and cost-effectively provide customer support.
• A strong sales and marketing background.
• Requires understanding of marketing, principles, concepts, and related practices.
• Strong analytical skills, initiative and ingenuity to solve complex problems and implement remedial measures.
• Strong communications skills to discuss and negotiate quotations and potential orders.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.