The Marketing Business Analyst reports in to the Marketing Operations team within the Whole Foods Market Marketing organization. This is a new function that will partner with the broader Finance Management team to ensure Marketing is maximizing it’s long-term and short-term investments.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing the entire marketing budget as well as developing reporting, analytical, and forecast capabilities to ensure proper allocation strategies and related business decisions that are in-line with company goals and objectives.
This is considered a lynchpin role that cohesively connectsMarketing with Whole Foods Market Finance – acting as liaison and champion forMarketing’s growing needs.
- Robust and deep financial planning, analysis, budgeting/forecasting,reporting volume and spend
- Build out a budgeting process that includes reporting, weekly marketing trading process, and forecast models and tools
- Build out financial management system that encompasses estimates, quotes, orders, goods/service delivery tracking, invoicing and reporting
- Perform ongoing expense management, and monthly quarterly reporting based on needs of marketing and finance
- Maintain and ensure compliance of correct invoice coding
- Manage pre-defined cadence of annual and quarterly planning
- Primary liaison with Finance
- Contract review (such as marketing research, technology, creative services categories), & analysis and administration capabilities
- Ad-hoc Financial modeling, cost analytics, and business case evaluation
- Headcount forecasting, planning, and reporting, along with associated costs
- Produce executive level presentations to communicate financial results and kpi’s
- Proactively identify risk and opportunities, and areas for marketing spend investment, constraint, or reallocation across the portfolio of regions, brands, and marketing channels
- Lead and influence other cross functional and Marketing team members
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred with 6+ years of progressive, related experiencepreferred
- MBA strongly preferred
- Advanced modeling, reporting and forecasting skills with solid experience using Hyperion, Oracle, and Excel - Experience with statistical forecasting tools and process with machine learning and SQL knowledge a plus
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends, actionable recommendations, and executive level presentations
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Demonstrable leadership qualities and exceptional communication skills with experience presenting to and working with executive level leaders
- The ability to influence staff, peers, and high-level individuals
- Sound judgement with the ability to independently make decisions