The Marketing Brand Manager is responsible for building, consistently evolving and maintaining the brand image of LGC Clinical Diagnostics together with our legacy company and flagship product brands including LGC SeraCare Life Sciences, LGC Maine Standards, LGC Technopath Clinical Diagnostics and LGC Native Antigen Company. The Marketing Brand Manager is also responsible for developing brand strategies, initiatives and brand plans in collaboration with Marketing Program Managers representing legacy company brands.
- Develop, launch, evolve and maintain a synergistic brand across LGC Clinical Diagnostics while aligning the business’ brand with LGC’s identity in cooperation with LGC Corporate marketing.
- Understand the LGC business strategy, identify and research our target clients, understand our brand performance and competitive positioning.
- Once the brand, brand architecture and brand guidelines are formally established, ‘Champion’ the brand across all facets of LGC Clinical Diagnostics.
- Champion the ‘look and feel’ of the brand to both internal and external audiences and monitor compliance to brand guidelines.
- Manage tangible and intangible brand elements such that they reflect the business’ core values, establish credibility and strengthen the value proposition in order for price growth and increased customer loyalty.
- Develop annual Brand Marketing Budget.
- Works with line-of-business Marketing Program Manager’s to deliver a consistent brand persona.
- Employ market research to identify and interpret changing customer attitudes, demands and the unmet needs for global diagnostic products and services.
- Lead the systematic planning, development, delivery and measurement of robust marketing strategies and tactics that align to the Business Plan and support the business’ efforts to meet revenue and EBIDTA financial targets.
- Identify, qualify and manage external supplier relationships including agencies, PR and industry-relevant marketing organizations
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Oversee the development of creative content and collateral.
- Manage brand marketing campaigns and coordinate the Media Plan.
- Implement a comprehensive digital strategy supporting the brand, in areas including social media, SEO, PPC, e-Blasts and integrated digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Manage the promotional materials review process for all public facing materials including regulatory, clinical and legal approval.
- Develop a cohesive strategy for the engagement of key internal (including corporate) and external stakeholders, key influencers and opinion leaders, and external bodies and other partners, in coordination with the LGC Clinical Diagnostic Chief Scientific Officer.
- Promote an environment supportive of positive communication and respect.
- Build strong relationships with Marketing Strategy, Marketing Communications, Sales, Portfolio Management, Business Development, Technical and Operations teams.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability in marketing planning and execution, with outstanding commercial and marketing literacy.
- A track-record of delivering projects within set timelines and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively complex strategic, commercial and regulatory terrain and make well-reasoned decisions.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Sound creative judgement, including the ability to write compelling, relevant and distinctive briefs for use inside and outside the business.
- Highly effective analytical and financial skills, with a demonstrated ability to prepare business cases supporting them with financial justification and optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others, including managing complex projects and directing activities of multidisciplinary teams.
- Narrative / storytelling ability to inspire and excite others around key recommendations.
- Action-oriented, collaborative team player with a keen focus to executing tactical plans on time.
- Fosters a culture of innovation by always being open to new ideas, encouraging employees to experiment and consider seemingly unconventional ideas, supporting others who take calculated risks, recognizing and rewarding innovation.
- Continuous learner, always seeking opportunities to improve effectiveness of campaigns.
- Flexible—able to work effectively in a variety of environments and situations.
- Effectively applies insights of markets and customer behavior, communicates effectively and leverages knowledge to benefit business planning and strategy.
- Strong leader in the development and execution of content marketing strategies and influencer development.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related scientific discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of marketing experience, including 3+ years in brand management.
- Clinical diagnostic industry experience preferred.
- Experience in:
- Understanding of B2B and/or B2C content marketing, marketing automation (eg. Hubspot) and classical channel marketing.
- Content & email marketing, website optimization, social media campaigns and SEO.
- Establishing, managing and reporting on KPIs to increase effectiveness.