In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus is providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Join one of the top acquiring insurance brokerages as we expand our marketing automation team. We are seeking individuals who are great with implementing B2B email campaigns to support the sales of insurance, benefits and retirement products and services. The Manager, Marketing Automation, will be responsible for developing and strategizing email and multi-channel marketing automation campaigns, developing an A/B testing plan and process, and establishing a regular format and cadence for campaign reporting. Reporting to the VP, Digital Marketing, you will work closely with our current Manager, Marketing Automation, as well as collaborating with our digital, analytics and go-to-market teams. Serve as a principal email and marketing automation expert - empowering the marketing team to further its mission to drive sales. You are a data-driven marketer with experience operating the email channel and creating exceptional user experiences.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily set-up of one-time and automated email campaigns including - collaboration with go-to-market teams to develop optimized content and messaging, email template creation & editing (HTML), brand style execution, list segmentation, asset tagging, asset loading, scheduling, deployment, measuring, testing, optimization and reporting.
- Build customer journeys and interactions across the customer lifecycle that drive engagement and sales conversions. Implement lead scoring and customer nurturing campaigns within the marketing automation tool.
- Work with the go-to market team and field marketing to identify campaign KPIs and benchmarks. Measure, monitor, and track campaign performance against benchmarks and drive corrective actions that deliver continuous improvements.
- Conduct ongoing A/B testing related to subject lines, email copy, layouts and CTAs that drives conversion improvements. Manage a meticulously planned and documented testing plan/schedule to continually improve performance.
- Ensure cross-browser/email client compatibility through testing. Lead and manage ongoing email whitelisting efforts to improve our sender score(s) and deliverability rates against industry benchmarks.
- Communicate campaign results, both written and verbal, to marketing teams and stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Create email reporting dashboards analyzing campaign performance in order to provide performance transparency to stakeholders and drive actionable recommendations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs, platform or processes from in-depth knowledge of campaign management and email execution tools.
- Serve as subject matter expert on marketing cloud capabilities, automation processes, deliverability and email marketing best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Marketing technology or related discipline
- 3-5 years of direct experience testing and deploying high-volume marketing email campaigns in an enterprise email marketing platform / ESP.
- 2+ years of work experience with marketing automation platforms such as Act-On, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, or Eloqua
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and desire to provide outstanding service.
- Passion for accuracy and detail, including written and oral communications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Flexible, able to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and comfortable managing projects and initiatives to tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of email best practices, deliverability best practices and CAN-SPAM/CASL
- Solid knowledge of email creative design, HTML/CSS coding for email, and familiarity with responsive design best practices
- Solid knowledge of cross-browser and email environments (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome, etc.) and familiarity with testing and optimization tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
- Experience with A/B testing– including subject lines, CTAs, messaging
- Experience with managing data in a CRM system integrated with a marketing automation platform such as SalesForce or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 – including list segmentation and list loading
- Experience with web analytics platforms such Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics is beneficial but not required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a strong working knowledge of Excel (able to build Pivot tables, simple dashboards, models a plus)
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)