The Marketing Associate Director will drive the strategy and implementation of all marketing programs, initiatives, market research, and projects that support short and long-term marketing objectives for the fast growing Tax and Accounting, North America-Corporate Indirect business. This role will collaborate with the product and sales teams to drive awareness of and preference for the product portfolio through direct and category specific partner channels.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Using a broad range of market research, voice-of-customer methodologies to find unique market insights that can translate into competitive advantage and go-to-market strategies with extensive channel partners and direct sales initiatives.
- Launching products into new and existing markets, with an understanding of best practice for building product awareness and preference
This role reports to the VP & General Manager of the Tax and Accounting, North America-Corporate Indirect business and serves as the marketing lead on the leadership team. The Marketing Associate Director sits at the critical intersection of strategic thinking, channel market distinguishing, and program execution and will pay a critical part in driving market share increases, revenue growth, and digital marketing maturity.
Accountabilities include the leadership and delivery of marketing results and driving action plans that deliver on marketing targets, including lead generation, thought leadership, market penetration, new product adoption, and cross-sell/upsell targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates direct and channel marketing strategies and campaigns targeting Sales and Use Tax opportunities.
- Manage against marketing budget and delivers positive ROI on marketing initiatives.
- Develops and analyzes digital marketing data to show the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- Support key business growth workflows including customer acquisition, retention/renewal, program effectiveness & marketing ROI, lead generation, thought leadership & social media programs, content solutions, press releases, product reviews, sales support & selling tools, digital marketing, events and other marketing channels and programs as required by various go-to-market strategies.
- Evolve the Digital marketing capabilities by developing the ideal customer journey for the Digital eCommerce initiatives and partnering with the Digital technology team to develop shopping cart experience.
- Ensure marketing strategy aligns with annual business plans across product lines within the Corporate Indirect market.
- Develop relationships with potential channel partners, customers and professional associations in coordination with other leadership team members.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work and lead cross-functionally and develop strong relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Must be well-organized; candidate must show evidence of successfully implemented strategies and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously and remain focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including participating in external media and customer events, preparing and presenting complex information to senior management and/or large groups.
- Collaboration with the divisional and North American marketing organizations to effectively plan and execute on corporate, divisional and North American marketing & brand strategiesOther Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- · Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
- · A minimum of 10+ years working in Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Segment Marketing or similar role
- · Proven experience in channel management focused roles with demonstrable evidence of driving continuous improvement via data analytics
- · Demonstrated success in driving revenue, new markets and sales acceleration with innovative channel marketing
- · Outstanding communication and relationship building skills. Must be able to influence and persuade senior executives, provide clear project guidance to stakeholders, and collaborate and lead cross-functional teams
- · Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically with a strong tendency towards analytics and analysis
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Ability to work and interact with C level executives.
- Strong strategic thinking skills; experience should include demonstrated ability to develop innovative and effective strategies; ability to prioritize and focus on projects, initiatives and objectives that truly deliver impact on the business
- A successful track record in leadership positions in which the organization exceeded business objectives and growth targets.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial instincts.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated agile decision-making ability based upon analysis
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.