Position at Lee Enterprises
Lee Enterprises seeks an experienced and dedicated marketing professional to join our fast-paced corporate team as a Marketing and Sales Analyst. This critical position will work with multiple Lee Enterprises’ newspapers to develop, execute and track subscription sales and retentioncampaigns. You will be a key player on a team made up of other analysts, marketing and sales professionals who are passionate about what we do.
- Serve as the subscription sales and marketing analyst to a group of Lee Enterprises’ newspapers.
- Develop subscription marketing and salescampaigns aimed at retaining current subscribers and attracting new subscribers.
- Define direct response campaigns and work collaboratively with the local circulation management teams.
- Report on and analyze response rates and retention rates using queries from our consumer database.
- Extract targeted lists of consumers for direct mailings, e-mails offers, and telemarketing campaigns.
- Analyze the effectiveness of campaigns and promotions by utilizing data mining. Make recommendations on campaigns to continuously improve response rates.
- Analyze and interpret internal customer data and external data sources to support business decision-making.
- Create, monitor and distribute reports to our newspapers relating to campaign performance.
- Track and manage acquisition and retentionbudgets.
- BA/BS in sales, marketing, business, statistics, economics, or related field.
- 5+ years job related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in sales or marketing.
- Expert level use of MS Excel is a must (macros, functions, formulas, pivot tables, etc.). Knowledge of SQL is helpful.
- Experience in working with databases for use in building and executing sales and marketing campaigns.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to achieve objectives.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to identify problems, trends, develop solutions and implement a course of action in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated success in managing budgets and project timelines.
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. EOE