The candidate must be a self-starter who is client-service oriented, resourceful, flexible, dedicated, high-energy and collaborative who is able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The Marketing and Communications Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the development, implementation and maintenance of the firm’s website, experience database, and other marketing-related technologies, ensuring marketing systems are integrated and leveraged to maximize efficiency and performance. The manager will seek input from relevant stakeholders and work collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the global marketing and business development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Communications Officer, professionals throughout the marketing department, and professionals from a number of business departments including Technology, Innovation, and Project Management to develop and implement programs that support the strategic objectives of the firm.
- Conduct regular audits and make enhancements, as necessary, to existing systems; leverage cross-disciplinary technologies to strengthen the effectiveness of the firm’s internal and external marketing and business development capabilities.
- Identify and evaluate potential new technology solutions, considering build vs. buy analysis, make recommendations.
- Standardize and streamline processes, tools and templates to automate work and information flows and promote consistent, high quality client service delivery by Marketing Team members.
- Define user and technical requirements, and work with vendors to create system design specifications based on requirements.
- Manage external vendors, including negotiating licensing, service and maintenance agreements, overseeing system upgrades and customizations, and monitor key performance indicators to ensure a consistent high level of service and performance.
- Develop workflows, processes, and reporting related to marketing technology.
- Build and serve as a resource regarding the firm's use of web-based technologies (minisites, website, microsites, etc.).
- Stay abreast of industry trends and actively communicate developments in new media tools and initiatives to marketing leadership.
- Assist with and manage a variety of short- and long-term projects and day-to-day requests.
- Collaborate with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm, across functions and teams.
Skills & Competencies
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong client-first work ethic.
- Must be attentive to detail, work well under pressure, and have the ability to manage simultaneous and tight deadlines.
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Candidates must have outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to communicate effectively with attorneys and professionals at all levels.