DLL’s Advanced Solutions global business unit drives transformational growth initiatives to ensure DLL’s sustainable and profitable future. DLL is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team who enjoys collaboration, is innately curious and is not afraid of a good debate. The person who is successful in this role will see themselves as a success driver and key member of a team focused on delivering new products and services to an ever-evolving customer base.
The Marketing and Communications Manager (“MCM”) will be affiliated with the Strategic Marketing and Marketing Communications function within Advanced Solutions and will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing Marketing and Communication (MarCom) activities and tools. This role will contribute to the realization of Advanced Solutions business objectives through campaigns for targeted segments which create a positive brand image for DLL. The MCM will be a key member of a cross-functional product team, deeply engaged in development and deployment of innovative solutions to the targeted industries.
Day to day
- Co-create and implement the Marketing and Communication elements of the business unit Marketing plan (including budgets and execution) for a specific market segment.
For the initial 12 months focus will be on:
- Pay-per-use marketing and communications (i.e. Stakeholder management and internal communications; Thought leadership in the areas of usage, servitization and sustainability; and sales support materials such as marketing collateral, social media, pitch materials, customer workshops, success stories).
- Advanced Solutions’ overall stakeholder management, internal and external communications (i.e., stakeholder management and internal communications plan and execution, member events, success stories, external PR).
Beyond 12 months it expands into other areas in alignment with Advanced Solutions’ strategy.
- Inform, advise, and support Advanced Solutions concerning all MarCom related matters, including member meetings, presentation / story design, new media and styling of communication.
- Develop, execute, and monitor Advanced Solutions’ external and internal communication processes (including PR) and materials, continuously liaising with relevant internal departments / stakeholders and external agencies.
- Create inspiring content through a story-telling approach in cooperation with the commercial teams and clients.
- Lead and manage advertising campaigns according to Marketing plan, liaise with external agencies, ensure the execution of the campaign, monitor progress, and evaluate the results and impact.
- Contribute to planning and organizing customer events, including event selection, budgeting, and evaluation, in line with the Marketing plan.
- Create periodic overviews of outlook for MarCom activities, performance against KPIs and budget, and report out to the business.
“We lead the way in meeting the need for flexibility and transparency which our customers increasingly expect.”
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Marketing, or relevant professional experience
- Minimum 5 years marketing and communications experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Finance B2B or similar industry
- Experience in internal and external communications, thought leadership, social media, omni-channel marketing campaigns, and sales support materials
- Product marketing and/or development experience is a plus
- Open minded, creative, ‘out of the box’ thinking
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and proven ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team
- Experience of working based on agile and scrum principles is a plus
- International mindset or experience
- Flexible and open to change of direction and scope of the role
- Ability to solve challenges as they arise and secure support in a networked organization
- Ability to influence senior management and c-suite
- Desire to learn and grow
- Good sparring partner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro)