Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world's most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
Who We Are
Milliman Advanced Risk Adjusters™ (MARA) is a product group within Milliman that provides valuable predictive risk adjustment software and support to healthcare organizations. With deep understanding and expertise in the healthcare market, MARA offers clients an innovative suite of risk adjustment and predictive models using medical and prescription data they use to measure, finance, and manage the risk of the populations they serve.
MARA offers a unique, entrepreneurial, environment with competitive compensation and benefits. We are proven leaders in our market, applying the latest machine learning techniques to Milliman's large healthcare data assets.
In the MARA product group, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and teamwork are essential to our success. The candidate will be required to bring these skills, plus passion and enthusiasm, to each task.
Our vision for exponential growth by offering the best performing risk adjustment and predictive modeling software and tools means this marketing role must be in the middle of all the action, helping to drive success.
- Coordinate activity of tactical teams to build cross-functional marketing campaigns, including email, direct mail, print, advertisement (online, print, and social media), and web marketing from concept to delivery.
- Shape the future of MARA's marketing strategy, and your own path to success
- Create and manage mechanisms to analyze the success and ROI of marketing efforts. Document goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, and success metrics for marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate activity with sales and client services to develop customer spokespersons
- Develop customer stories, soft white papers
- Identify request for proposal (RFP) opportunities; lead RFP response teams
- Develop and manage campaign-related project timelines.
- Represent a successful, well-respected company occupying a unique niche in the market
- Identify opportunities and methods to position MARA as an industry thought leader
- Create cross-functional partnerships with other Milliman products and consultants
- Take initiative and ownership of each task, through resolution
- Take direction for certain tasks, collaborate on shared responsibilities, as well as discern priorities independently
- Ensure timely communication of timelines, deadlines, responsibilities, and deliverables
- Manage others' expectations, provide ample time for peer review
- Excellent prioritization of multiple concurrent tasks, such as projects in different phases
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Curiosity, always seeking out learning opportunities
- Polished communication style, articulate and professional when speaking with colleagues and clients at all organizational levels
- Display a positive, constructive, "can do" attitude
- Adapt to the needs of the business, and take on additional responsibilities over time
- Experience executing promotional campaigns via web, social media, digital advertising, email, and print.
- Five or more years of professional marketing experience in healthcare business-to-business (B2B)
- Product/project management experience
- Experienced public speaker
- Strong business writing skills (examples required)
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Experience should cover the full range of marketing and product brand management – e.g. trade show, print, PR, web
- Strong digital marketing experience, including promotions on social media platforms – e.g. LinkedIn and B2B digital venues
- Event coordination experience
- Completed Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience (Not Required)
- Past experience with stand-alone software, web-based applications and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- CRM experience
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Paid Parental Leave up to 12 weeks
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees' retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Adoption assistance
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short term and long term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs