HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Manager, Growth Marketing Analytics and Data Insights
At HomeAway.com, we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental through our online marketplace to create unforgettable travelexperiences together. We are part of Expedia Inc. and our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest travel company in the world! Once you are part of the family, the career opportunities are endless.
The HomeAway Analytics and Data Insights team is looking for a proactive, analytical and technically-skilled leader to join our team. This position will be responsible for leading an analytics team of 4-8analysts supporting a sophisticated global growth marketing team, covering SEM, programmatic display and affiliate marketing and multiple related product andengineering teams. We’re looking for an experienced leader who will be a thought leader on using advanced data analytics to develop insights that can materially improve our marketinginvestment decisions.
This role reports to the head of the global Marketing Analytics team and requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities and experience leading an analytical team. The successful candidate will be a key partner tithe growth marketing and product leaders and will use his/her outstanding business acumen to align on priorities and consult on key decisions, especially in performance marketing. Demonstrated experience leading complex data projects including building self-service reporting products, automating experimentation analyses or building sophisticated marketing attribution models is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of analysts in providing recommendations to the growth marketing and product teams on how to improve and drive marketing performance.
- Improve our ability to synthesize and extract insights from large volumes of data, focusing on marketing attribution models and lifetime value calculations.
- Identify and scope new A/B/multivariate testing opportunities in Marketing and Product to advance our measurement of these tests using Bayesian methodology.
- Partner with the Technology and Engineering teams in an Agile model to implement self-service data products that will allow teams to access accurate information directly and easily.
- Directly manage a team of 4-8 professionals, ensuring we have training and career development plans that will set them up for success today and going forward.
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize asks based on highest potential value added, and proactively drive initiatives from there.
- Leverage strategic marketingpartnerships with Google and other publishers to derive marketing insights.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelordegree in an analytical field (e.g., Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 7+ years of experience in data analytics OR Master’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience.
- 4+ years’ experience managing teams, prioritizing and delegating work and leading multiple complex projects concurrently. Past experience operating in Scrum/agile methodology preferred.
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems and communicating easily understood recommendations to teams for implementation.
- High technical aptitude, experiencewith SQL, SAS, R (or similar tools).
- Strong working knowledge of marketing metrics, attribution models, and advanced experimentation (Doubleclick stackpreferred, Adwords, VisualIQ) preferred.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and enthusiastic and ability to deliver results in a constantly-evolving environment.
- Passion for data-driven business decision making and ability to thrive in a large matrixed organization.
- Background in consulting or relevant area – travel, real estate preferred.
- Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics and big data and visualization platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Looker, BigQuery) preferred.