Marketing Analyst / Market Intelligence Specialist
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Marketing Analyst/Market Intelligence Specialist - Parsippany, NJ ($100K-110K Range)
Job Description Marketing Analyst will enable and empower the Product Management and Marketing teams with analytical insight to support strategy development, planning and tactical execution. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining key global intelligence tools for department-wide usage.
Develop processes and systems to gather and communicate appropriate competitive intelligence to drive strategy development and educate the field on marketplace dynamics, leverage key pricing tools to identify opportunities for revenue/profit optimization and execute analysis that clearly defines markets trends.
- Establish and continuously improve a management operating system around competitive intelligence including industry cost curve, supply/demand balances, global trade flows and competitive profiles
- Master pricing tool kits and pricing analytical techniques by working closely with IT and Finance teams on achieving and maintaining data integrity
- Prioritize and carry out price/profitability analyses by customer/region/product with scatter plots to determine pricing opportunities
- Responsible for assessing true price/cost and identify opportunities to address cost leakage (freight, distribution cost, rebates, ect) first on high volume/impact products and drive financial performance by identifying and taking pricing actions in partnership with product managers
- Identify industry and market trends/ risks/ opportunities that impact the business globally and determine business implications and support development of strategic alternatives
BA or BS in marketing/business/engineering or technical discipline is required. 3 or more years’ experience in Marketing Project Management, preferably at a global level. 3 or more years advanced Excel Data Analytics experience. An MBA is highly desirable.