Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing & Strategy, the Market Segment Manager (MSM) will be the primary interface to the USA and Canadian sales teams to strategize, plan, execute and manage our primary go-to-market activities.
The Market Segment Manager will develop a deep understanding of customer needs within the segment to proactively create tactical solutions that promote improving both customer satisfaction and the overall Grundfos customer experience.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Create engagement campaigns that build brand awareness, preference and loyalty with key decision makers who influence the specification, purchase and use of Grundfos products.
- To support Grundfos efforts around a content marketing focus, the MSM will develop highly integrated marketing campaigns that support both channel efforts and end user needs.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the Marketing team to ensure a thorough understanding of various customer personas and implement a customer-centric content marketing approach in all marketing efforts.
- Develop and deliver marketing initiatives that include campaigns, lead nurturing programs, major messaging themes, product launches, ads, trade shows and local events.
- Support the field sales organization on day-to-day needs like promo ordering, fulfilling partner requests and creating content, including both writing and graphic design, as needed.
- Conduct Voice of Customer (VoC) research to map strategic marketing priorities.
- Accompany sales teams to validate marketing campaigns and customer needs in the field.
- Create internal and external communication content to promote the segment activities through multiple channels, both traditional and social media, using Communications’ tools and guidance.
- Develop, participate and improve end-customer loyalty programs.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to achieve department objectives and continually seek out opportunity for improvement.
Critical Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the development of integrated content marketing campaigns.
- Ability to grasp technical aspects relative to products within the business segment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications and Marketo. Skilled in the use and application of digital marketing, social media marketing, storytelling and content marketing.
- Ability to work independently within a matrix team environment, to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, plan, organize and coordinate activities and complex analyses and work independently to manage projects.
- Ability to develop professional business relationships and communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English; ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% maximum
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Marketing, Digital Media or related field