LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
Why join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY help us transform the world.
Market Strategic Planning
- Advance the aviation practice through a well-articulated vision and strategic direction;
- Lead the development of the annual strategic plan for the aviation market sector;
- Demonstrate an understanding of national and global trends and their implications on current and future work;
- Understand the strategies involved in business models for airport authorities, city / county or FAA, airlines, concessionaires, and private developers;
- Understand an owner’s mindset on the way to approach terminal design, air traffic control towers, FAA consultation, security and screening, and sustainability;
- Provide thought leadership at the global, national and regional levels, facilitating discussions among the aviation design groups;
Business Development and Client Relations
- Lead business development activities at the international and national level including the planning and coordination of national conference and events; Represent LEO A DALY at community and industry events, professional conferences, meetings, committees, etc.; maintain strong ties to professional network.
- Provide team-oriented support, motivation and guidance to regional teams to develop targeted client capture plans. Guide the development of winning pursuit strategies and assist in reviewing submittals, RFQ’s, RFP’s, etc.
- Participate, inspire and serve as a global resource for current and future industry trends, developer finance models, innovation, delivery models and environments of the future concepts, etc.
- Oversee the maintenance of brand marketing materials, branding / positioning strategy, and marketing action plan for the aviation sector;
Leadership and Management
- Inspire achievement of office market sector strategic goals, targeted pursuit win rate and budgeted New Business Contracted and Net Fees Earned.
- Facilitate regular meetings among the company aviation design teams for broad and consistent communications
- Continually engage with Business Development and company leadership about overall company goals
- Coordinate leadership strategies, business development activities and market positioning processes with the Federal Leaders with guidance from the Corporate Director of Business Development
- Champion our One Team mentality to help strengthen the overall design practice
- Assess resources, expertise and experience to recommend key hires in building a ’Best in Class‘ team
- Serve as a role model and mentor to LEO A DALY’s emerging design professionals
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role within the private and public aviation market.
- Proven track record in developing new services, building and/or enhancing a professional practice, designing and implementing new operational processes and serving as a change agent
- Demonstrated expertise and success in directing and providing consulting services in support of military and commercial aviation repositioning goals, architecture planning and design.
- Proven business development skills to identify opportunities, develop client relationships, understand client needs and develop customized innovative approaches to meet client needs, develop winning pursuit strategies and lead the pursuit process from pre-sale to close.
- Proven skills to lead teams to develop a vision, direction and strategy, and motivate and coach team members to achieve their optimal potential
- Strong written and verbal skills to facilitate, communicate and present to multiple levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Architecture, Planning, Marketing, Business, or related field (master’s degree preferred)
- Licensed Architect
- 10+ years’ experience in a business development or leadership position within the A/E/C industry, primarily focused on the design of aviation facilities and design.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to travel regularly with some international travel
- Significant leadership experience in a large, multi-office or multi-facility organization.
LEO A DALY Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. LEO A DALY Company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.