We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duties of the Market Sector Lead /Sr. Water Project Manager will be to manage and create detailed designs, plans, specifications and estimates for pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants, tanks and other water storage and conveyance systems. This individual will work with HDR’s senior water/wastewater leadership to continue our strategic water program growth in Wyoming and the Dakotas. They will work directly with clients to formulate project approach and develop detailed project scopes that meet client expectations. They will also assist with the identification of sub-consultant arrangements and develop sub-consultant agreements in line with company policies.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 15+ years of experience with municipal water systems planning and design. Strong technical background and experience in designing water treatment and distribution systems.Specific experience with Wyoming and North &South Dakota clientele is preferred.
• Must be a registered Professional Engineer.
• Experience in leading Business Development activities with proven success.
• Must have experience developing design concepts and formulating engineered solutions for complex technical problems.
• Must demonstrate a high level of creativity, foresight and judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities.
• Experience in Project Management with large, multi-disciplined projects; this should include developing project budgets, schedules, and staffing plans commensurate with project scope.
• Must have strong organizational, math and PC skills.
• Must have the ability to manage and serve as a technical resource for design staff.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.