This position is responsible for developing and enhancing the selling skills of sales employees and sales managers in his/her market. Assesses the skills and knowledge of new and incumbent sales employees and provides additional coaching and training to address gaps. Responsible for the delivery of sales employee training, both new hire and ongoing development programs. May need to tailor/adjust training to meet the unique needs of the individual and/or market. Will assist with training for sales managers, and will provide input on sales training curriculum and material for use nationally. Viewed as a leader and trusted advisor within the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures sales force has the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed by delivering training in small groups, large groups, or one-on-one, in either a virtual (web/phone) or in-person setting.
- Trains new and tenured sales employees and sales managers on how to sell Apria products and services, as well as how to use sales tools and resources.
- Provides feedback and recommends future training programs to Corporate Sales Training in order to assist in effective sales training development nationally.
- Works one-on-one with sales employees to assess their skills and knowledge by going on sales calls and observing performance. Provides coaching and/or models desired behaviors to enhance employee’s understanding of concepts and techniques.
- Provides regular feedback to local management on sales employees’ performance, and recommends strategies to reinforce their employees’ skills and knowledge.
- Conducts regular follow up and focused hands-on training to sales employees within assigned market.
- Provides refresher training locally as needed.
- Tailors training to address the unique challenges and/or opportunities within the local market.
- Serves as market subject matter expert on new sales initiatives and programs. Monitors and provides feedback on programs to identify and correct issues.
- Employee must reside – and be able to travel – within the geography of his/her market’s territory.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four year degree is required.
- Experience on the Apria Sales Team is required.
- At least five years related industry experience in sales, training and/or clinical is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Valid Driver’s License is required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen to successfully work with all levels, including executive management.
- Strong field credibility based on successful selling track record, a winning attitude, and detailed product and process knowledge.
- Exceptional administrative and time management skills.
- Experience and interest in coaching others.
- Strong verbal and written communication are essential.
- Extensive travel within his/her market, over 50%, is required.
- Strong working knowledge of all Apria sales tools and resources.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.