At a Glance: Senior level sales position focused on identifying new revenue opportunities with a rich compensation (salary, commission and bonus eligibility) package, full health benefits and a great 401k plan.
The Market Sales Manager proactively identifies and maximizes opportunities to increase tower and services business for Crown Castle. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers, leverages for new business, and serves as local and regional customer advocate to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the tower and services sales effort in the district(s).
- Proactively seek new business to increase services take rate and leasing. Strive to increase the number of FTI’s (First Time Installs) on Crown towers.
- Meet or exceed established sales performance BBE and Service Gross Margin targets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and prospective customers. Serve as the main point of contact for all customers and be the consultant to the customer for all new business.
- Sell the Crown Castle Value Proposition to our customers.
- Persuade prospective customers to do business with Crown Castle and negotiate tower and service revenue deals that benefit Crown and the customer.
- Actively pursue customer search rings and track search ring take rate
- Maintain a thorough understanding of assets in one’s own geographic area in order to better market and sell such assets.
- Know the competition and provide detailed analysis as required.
- Communicate frequently with applicable teams and internal departments to maintain an accurate, current understanding of existing and upcoming customer projects and issues.
- Provide accurate forecasting of district BBE’s and Services revenue. Ensure the tower sales dashboard updated and accurate.
- Stay abreast of technical topics and changes and how they affect the customers’ future activity. Participate in continuing education to keep current on both technology and selling techniques.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of contract conditions and terms for customers in geographic area. Adhere to Company policy regarding generation and execution of all contract and legal documents related to sales process.
- Attend customer and internal deployment meetings as needed.
- Keep Area Director Sales well informed regarding sales performance, opportunities, and customer satisfaction issues.
- Interact with and Assist our Small Cell Networks (SCN) and Fiber Teams to identify business opportunities to meet business demands and provide solutions to our customers.
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with all business relations and projects. Conduct strategic planning activities to ensure customers’ project or service needs are anticipated.
- Identify new business opportunities and coordinate appropriate internal resources to formulate deal parameters and associated terms. Work with designated customer contacts to establish mutual agreement on related deal terms and drive corresponding business.
- Manage and evaluate projects at a holistic level. The Towers Account Manager will “trouble shoot” projects at a site specific level and at the direction of the Market Sales Manager will join face to face customer meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years sales experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry
- Experience and established relationships with key wireless contacts
- Existing relationships with current customer base preferred
- Experience in negotiating contracts
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven record of effectively negotiating agreements and contracts
- Consultative, solutions/applications based selling ability
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the flexibility to adapt to any situation or environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take the initiative to get things accomplished
- Proven ability to establish effective relationships with customers at all levels
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of the financial drivers of our business and that of Wireless Service providers
- Experience with sales in wireless/telecommunications infrastructure industry
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships internally and externally