Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage and deliver custom research projects with mid to senior level client’s best in class research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations. Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations to expectations and resolve any issues. Understand and advise on research issues including ad hoc requests as appropriate.
- Participate in training, coaching, teaching and enhancing of research products, processes and research acumen, introducing new and innovative research techniques and methodologies to a research team.
- Design survey research instruments that will answer research questions and will meet the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction is a must.
- Be responsible and manage the design and data analysis plans, data checking/tabulations, reports to ensure quality timely data.
- Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations. Effectively present to a broad client audience.
- Work with the sales team to grow and develop business opportunities with new and existing clients to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Demonstrate exemplary professional behaviors, exhibit and forge positive outlook and influence on immediate teams and peers; be able to cover work responsibilities in off hours; demonstrate a desire/drive for continuous improvement and accomplishing greater goals.
- Any other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
Other Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Commitment: Knowledgeable about market research, dedicated to the goals of the company while promoting a positive culture to ensure good relationships, overall satisfaction and profitability.
- Accessibility: Must be able to access and function within areas key to productivity. Adequate manual dexterity to operate assigned and shared office equipment. Ability to travel on periodic overnight and extended stays, and work extended hours when necessary.
- Communications: Must speak clearly and fluently to communicate on a wide range of topics. Above average reading comprehension, and grammatically correct written communication skills. Must have the ability to understand and respond intelligently to business correspondence. Interpersonal skills as needed to persuade, manage conflict, debate and negotiate. Response to pressure should be calm and reasonable.
- Judgment: Comprehension of job requirements and procedures. Can initiate and perform work assignments under minimal supervision that may be broad, varied, and complex in nature. Employee must have the ability to use educated and intuitive judgment to make decisions.
- Flexibility: Must be able to work in a shifting environment with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Analysis: Mathematical aptitude; use of numeric calculations for accuracy of reports and tasks.
- Organization: Organizational and time management skills sufficient to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Logic: Deductive reasoning ability to enable the appropriate application of general concepts to specific situations. Able to translate theory into business practices. Employee must apply experience, skills and information to identify problems and plan strategic resolutions.
- Work Ethics: Must be willing to work hard, be dependable and responsible, possess a positive attitude and maintain a sense of honesty and integrity.
- Core Values: Luth Research and its employees are committed to our Core Values; Passionate and Driven * Delivering Excellence * Embracing and Driving Change * Career Growth and Development * Keeping it fun.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- BS or more advanced degrees.
- 5+ years in the market research industry on either the client or supplier side.
- Able to determine, synthesize and develop MR solution to deliver insights and solutions to clients
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with curiosity to uncover trends and insights from data.
- Organized, efficient but flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements.
- Distinguished presentation skills with strong ability to translate and communicate data and findings into understandable, actionable business implications and recommendations.
- Exceptional client interaction, sales ability and ability to forge client relationship.
- Mid to advanced level of knowledge: Excel, PowerPoint usage.
- Broad knowledge and experience with a diverse set of research methodologies/types including segmentation, customer satisfaction, brand research, advertising effectiveness study.
- Mid to advanced level of statistical knowledge.
- Mid to advanced level of knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical package such as SPSS is required.
- Experience with SAS, R or SQL scripting is preferred but not required.
- Broad knowledge of computers and computer software.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends.