(**Please note this role is remote but candidates need to be based in the Austin, Texas or surrounding area**)
The Market Research Manager will manage competitive intelligence and market research activities for marketed brands for Flexsteel. The Marketing Research Manager will manage studies to generate actionable business insights and support strategic decision making for the brands. This position is responsible for local level market research studies and setting policies & practices for gathering research on marketing conditions, competitors and consumer trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage product and market knowledge to understand key business questions and issues and to design and execute high quality actionable business insights
- Collate, interpret and communicate competitive intelligence on our key brands to support decision making
- Partner with the VP of Marketing and outside research partners to lead consumer research and data analytics that will drive fact-based and data driven marketing activities
- Monitor and predict sales and marketing trends.
- Measure how well marketing strategies and programs are working.
- Develop and evaluate ways to collect data including opinion polls, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Collect data on market conditions, competitors and consumers.
- Analyze collected data with statistical software.
- Convert findings and complex data into tables, written reports and graphs clients can understand.
- Create reports and share results with management and clients
- Leads market research and competitive intelligence projects.
- Identify and guide the appropriate research methodology, manage survey instrument development, oversee the fielding process, analyze results and develop actionable recommendations for each project.
- Source and manage external vendors
- Participate in cross functional work teams to ensure key deliverables and best outcome to research projects and launch activities.
- Construct and present findings from market research to brand teams and senior management as actionable business insights.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Develops and directs the execution of primary and secondary market research strategies to support the marketing plans.
- Translates market research data &analysis into strategy recommendations that drive growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.A./B.S. required; MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred
- Five or more years of Marketing and Brand Management experience required with 3 or more years in a market research capacity
- Results-oriented, collaborative, and have strong influencing/consulting skills
- Smart, self-starter, and problem-solver
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able to provide succinct interpretation of data, convey an insightful story, and recommend opportunities for business impact - to senior executives.
- Demonstrated success in managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence large/diverse teams without direct authority
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research'