The Market Research Manager works with the Director of Research to manage custom and syndicated research to support market segmentation and intelligence. The role will work directly with external vendors and internal business partners to understand and provide actionable recommendations to support the needs of the business. This will include both using syndicated research and conducting end-to-end consumer research as needed. This position has a high degree of independence and leadership, responsible for communicating directly with business partners, selecting the appropriate research methodology, designing and managing research projects, working with vendors to execute research, and creating and presenting reports to business partners and executives. This position will work closely with the Research team and Marketing team to integrate all research results into the broader story of how Ally is performing overall and where there is further opportunity for Ally.
- Manage custom and syndicated research on a day-to-day basis, including working withinternal and external partners to understand and communicate available content
- Collaborate with internal business partners to understand business goals, uncover knowledge gaps, and identify opportunities where syndicated or custom research can provide actionable insights for the business
- Manage end-to-end survey custom research, including:
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Manage questionnaire design and testing, sample selection, data collection/fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Recommend research design, develop research plans, and execute research projects, leveraging vendor relationships along with primary, secondary, and syndicated data sources
- Manage and/or execute higher level statistical analysis, including Drivers, Conjoint, Discreet Choice, MaxDiff, TURF, and Segmentation
- Report and present research findings that relate to business issues and provide actionable business recommendations
- Provide proactive insights and reporting based on consumer and market trends, leveraging existing custom and syndicated research studies and market information
- Manage strong, professional vendor relationships for primary and syndicated research and market intelligence
- BA / BS in market research, business, statistics, communications or social sciences
- 7 years experience, with a minimum of 5+ years of market research experience, including designing and analyzing a range of qualitative and quantitative research, questionnaire/discussion guide design, data analysis, report design and creation
- Excellent written/verbal communication -- Communicates non-technical and technical information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Strong presentation skills -- Comfortable presenting and explaining ideas to others in both formal and informal settings. Able to adjust to the needs and preferences of the audience.
- Storytelling -- Able to pull out a storyline from data, not just report numbers. Able to summarize key takeaways with implications for the business for executive level consumption.
- Data Analysis -- Expertise with reading and interpreting data through data tables, cross-tabulations, etc.
- Advanced Analytics -- Able to interpret and explain results from Drivers, Conjoint, Discreet Choice, MaxDiff, TURF, Segmentation, etc.
- Expertise with PowerPoint and Excel
- Proactive -- Takes initiative and shows a strong drive to follow through and complete what was started.
- Planning and Organizing -- Is able to plan and organize job tasks and resources. Sets priorities to make sure work is finished on time or on budget.
- Flexibility -- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; effective at working cross functionally in a large, matrix organization