Luth Research seeks a Market Research Directorresponsible for managing, directing, organizing, and delivering research projects for extraordinary company growth and profitability. The Market Research Director will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment and will report directly to the Senior Executive Vice President of Luth Research. If you have experience as a Market Research Director and are interested in working collaboratively in a growth environment, apply to become part of our dedicated team today.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop proposals and participate in client communications to maximize sales opportunities.
- Design, execute and manage Quantitative and Qualitative projects including, analyses, execution, report writing and presentation to ensure schedule and budget requirements are met to ensure company growth and profitability.
- Apply and demonstrate an advanced level of understanding and knowledge of appropriate statistical applications and research design techniques in order to provide consultancy to clients for maximum sales and growth.
- Monitor the work of other staff members on projects to ensure work tasks are completed according to the project management plan for seamless timely quality work within budget.
- Develop and provide expertise in target business industries to both external clients and internal teams.
- Develop and provide superb communication skills in client management, project presentation, company product and service promotion, and team collaboration.
- Practice and demonstrate exemplary work ethics, self-motivation in learning and taking on new challenges to support sales for the company.
- Any other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
Other Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Commitment: Knowledgeable about market research, dedicated to the goals of the company while promoting a positive culture to ensure good relationships, overall satisfaction and profitability.
- Accessibility: Must be able to access and function within areas key to productivity. Adequate manual dexterity to operate assigned and shared office equipment. Ability to travel on periodic overnight and extended stays, and work extended hours when necessary.
- Communications: Must speak clearly and fluently to communicate on a wide range of topics. Above average reading comprehension, and grammatically correct written communication skills. Must have the ability to understand and respond intelligently to business correspondence. Interpersonal skills as needed to persuade, manage conflict, debate and negotiate. Response to pressure should be calm and reasonable.
- Technical: Must demonstrate a high proficiency in understanding and working with basic software and computer skills, to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Judgment: Comprehension of job requirements and procedures. Can initiate and perform work assignments under minimal supervision that may be broad, varied, and complex in nature. Employee must have the ability to use educated and intuitive judgment to make decisions.
- Flexibility: Must be able to work in a shifting environment with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Analysis: Mathematical aptitude; use of numeric calculations for accuracy of reports and tasks.
- Organization: Organizational and time management skills sufficient to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Logic: Deductive reasoning ability to enable the appropriate application of general concepts to specific situations. Able to translate theory into business practices. Employee must applyexperience, skills and information to identify problems and plan strategic resolutions.
- Work Ethics: Must be willing to work hard, be dependable and responsible, possess a positive attitude and maintain a sense of honesty and integrity.
- Core Values: Luth Research and its employees are committed to our Core Values; Passionate and Driven * Delivering Excellence * Embracing and Driving Change * Career Growth and Development * Keeping it fun.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- BS Degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Experienced and skilled in research methodologies, analysis, working with web analytics data and tools.
- Able to determine, synthesize and develop MR solution to deliver insights and solutions to clients
- Strong ability to work with Senior Management and Sales to contribute to the overall sales and revenue growth for Luth Research.
- Strong ability to direct and manage a team to fulfill all projects on time and within the budget while providing rich insights to clients.
- Distinguished presentation skills.
- Exceptional client interaction and sales ability.
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge in Office products and SPSS.
- Experience in using software for market research: Conjoint, tabulation software.
- Experience with statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, or SQL scripting is preferred but not required.
- Broad knowledge of computers and computer software.
- Open to learning new processes and take on new challenges.
- Ability to be a quick learner as well as detail-oriented.
- Independent thinking skills.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some nights and weekends.