The Arthritis Foundation is the Champion of Yes. Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
Our goal is to chart a winning course, guiding families in developing personalized plans for living a full life – and making each day another stride towards a cure.
This full-time position will be responsible for the logistical support of special events and mission activities as well as general office/operations for the New York City Office, and reports to the Executive Director.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Development Support: Provide logistical and administrative to support the New York markets’ fundraising initiatives Coordinate event logistics, vendors, in-kind donations, etc.
- Mission Support: Provide logistical and administrative to mission-related activities.
- Office/Administrative: Handle all office related duties including: invoice submissions, banking, financial tracking, reporting, data entry, etc. Ensures that all administrative support is handled in an accurate and timely fashion, this includes: scheduling meetings, ordering materials and supplies, submitting invoices, record keeping, reporting, etc.
- Customer Service: Communicates with event participants, donors, volunteers and corporate partners.
- Data Entry: Serves as team liaison to centralized operations and accounting departments. Manages the daily preparation and submission of revenue deposits. Learns systems/software as needed
- All Other Duties As Assigned by Executive Director.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Strong Administrative skills
- A strong working knowledge of financial systems and community event coordination.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years of prior related work experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication communications skills.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and generate requiredreports on a timely basis.
- Ability to solicit in-kind and monetary event donations, grow local contacts and build and nurture relationships.
- Embraces change and promotes an office culture grounded in adaptability and teamwork.
- Upbeat, “can-do” demeanor; ability to project empathy and compassion when engaging constituents.
- Customer service focused
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
Office Administrative support
Logistical support for the Walk to Cure Arthritis and Jingle Bell Run/Walk, and mission activities
Answers calls and greets/welcomes new walk/run team members, customer service with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders
Manage special events, programs, and contacts through databases