The Market President/Chief Revenue Officer at Townsquare Media is responsible for building the dominant media business in their respective market, driving growth of the business through diversified revenue streams, and building a culture of success by attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. This is a management position focused on revenue generation, and the MP/CRO will be expected to attain and exceed revenue budgets by having a clear vision for a path of continued revenue growth, with the capability of executing that vision. The MP/CRO must possess a strong desire to win, be an exceptional leader and have a track record of revenue and cash flow success. Going beyond just coaching the team; they must be a hands-on leader, building effective multi-platform marketing solutions for clients, and successfully leading teams to achieve sustainable high performance.
The MP/CRO role is not for a ‘hands-off’/sit behind the desk manager, but for a leader who is very hands-on, highly visible in the market and very involved with the staff including recruiting and retaining the market’s best talent. We are looking for those that have exceptional sales coaching skills with the ability to mentor, be a creative-thinker, and be able to build a team that is the best in the industry.
Townsquare Media strives to be the leader in local media – building the strongest brands in the market and monetizing those brands on air, on line and on site. The MP/CRO must be a creative, idea-generating, business development professional that understands how to maximize the tools at their disposal to achieve market leadership status.
- Oversee all aspects of the market operation with a particular focus on revenue generation across Townsquare’s multiple media and entertainment platforms.
- Create a vision and strategy for consistent revenue and profit growth, with the ability to communicate and execute the plan.
- Represent TSM to key client accounts and community; developing strong client relationships and community partnerships that further our business.
- Drive both local market key account growth and lead / participate in leveraging regional footprint through the selling of results based, integrated programs while also pushing significant new business development.
- Recruit, retain and develop a talented team, starting with the department heads and including a deep and high performing sales staff. Strive to become the preferred media workplace in the market.
- Ensure the station’s license is in order and that Federal Communications
- Commission (FCC) and other federal, state and local rules and regulations are followed.
- Support the content team (on air and on line) and hold them accountable to executing the brand strategy and delivering content excellence.
- Working in conjunction with our corporate team, build a diverse and sustainable event business focused on the inherent opportunities in the market.
- Prepare and manage the fiscal budget. Develop/implement strategic goals to exceed local advertising, live events and digital services budgets.
- Support the Townsquare mission while actively seeking to find ways to make the company better.
- Be a student of the industry, consistently learning about our business in order to be a current resource to our employees and clients.
- Be fiscally responsible, managing expenses not only within budget, but based on return on the investment of the resources allocated.
- Proven ability to recruit, to lead, to motivate, to coach and train others and achieve revenue results.
- Experience in media or digital sales management in the role of General Manager, General or Local Sales Manager with a proven and documentable track record of exceeding budgets and outperforming the marketplace
- Successful track record of creating and selling multi-media programs incorporating digital, mobile, programmatic and event opportunities.
- Ability to quickly pivot and take advantage of emerging opportunities