The Market Manager will have market-wide responsibility for all facets of the Los Angeles market which include Repair and Remodel sales, LBM production yards, Single and Multi-Family projects, Window and Door operations along with a milling operation and a Commercial Door facility. The Market Manager will be required to provide leadership, coaching, and training of management personnel; and achieve goals and objectives set forth by the Divisional VP and upper management. This is a highly independent management position that must make critical business decisions without the continuous input of upper management. The Los Angeles Market Manager will have responsibility for and also work closely with the market’s sales management to grow revenue and profits. This is a highly visible position and the selected candidate will be given the opportunity to manage one of BMC’s high potential and fast-paced markets.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least ten years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate must possess proven management and leadership experience including P&L responsibility. Must demonstrate excellent communication, leadership skills that emphasize teamwork and the ability to innovate and embrace technology.
- Coordinate and oversee market leadership team activities to maximize efficiencies and resources across all affected areas ensuring customer service level standards are met and exceeded.
- Develop, coordinate and execute budgets and operational strategies with Divisional Vice President, Market Sales Manager and Operations team. Action plans to include strategies to remove barriers, penetrate new product categories and development of customer driven culture.
- Assist in strategic review and negotiations with vendors, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Effectively communicate with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
- Establish, assess, develop and manage a performance driven market team.
- Implement and align regional and divisional strategies with market specific operational, profit and sales goals and strategies.
- Ensure company and market-wide expectations of productivity, operational excellence and customer service level standards are implemented and met in the market.
- Analyze and review market productivity through sales reports, departmental expenses, labor cost and other pertinent documents adjusting market strategies to meet productivity goals.
- Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including team and individual performance, pricing, competition and market developments to Market and Divisional Leadership.
- Secure and develop associate talent pool to ensure successful retention and promotional standards.
- Develop high functioning partnership with DVP, MSM’s, LM’s as well as all BMC operations support leaders and vendors.
- Facilitate strong communication through regular market-wide meetings and participation in Market-level Sales Meetings.
- Open communication with all levels regarding market challenges, solutions and business impacts.
- Manage expense budget to ensure successful compliance for market-wide budget demands.
- Facilitate AR and collection activities; actively participating in account review and providing necessary market leadership support.
- Embrace and Support all BMC Values and live Servant Leadership.
- Demonstrated management experience, financial analysis, credit and legal adeptness, operational productivity, forecasting and budgetary planning, as well as strong cost control and management skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
- Keen business acumen
- MS Office Suite adept.
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to lead all levels of the organization
- Solid ability to select and use relevant information to make sound & balanced judgements.
- Proven track record of delivering financial and operational results.
- Proven track record of growing his or her team
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing or related field is ideal.
- Minimum experiencerequired: 10+ years management & leadership experience in designated builder segment and/or building materials supply.