Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS MARKET MANAGER:
- Responsible for managing the water and drain market for North America and the products serving this developing market segment.
- Market research – collecting, organizing, and reporting on relevant and credible data.
- New product development – drive the initiative for including ideation, business case formation, pricing, product application, and product changes. Develop core teams to manage NPD products and identify specific timelines, milestones, and tasks to support those milestones and clearly and proactively report those statuses.
- Brainstorm potential improved strategies for addressing the business needs through marketing, manufacturing, engineering and logistics for the Enclosures BU.
- Cultivate leads in the market to increase sales of existing products.
- Establish relationships with companies providing complimentary and ancillary products to the water and drain market.
- Communicate with, align with, and support the marketing needs of the Regional Sales Managers.
- Interact with Engineering to modify parts, create new products, and manage project plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams to coordinate production/manufacturing scheduling, controlling costs, and product quality control.
- Communicate with application engineers and field sales to assure product needs are being met.
- Gather VOC (voice of the customer) data and information to support business decisions, initiatives, and product development; collaborate with other market managers to gain insight in collecting VOC and market trends.
- Develop a strong competitive analysis and SWOT, and update periodically.
- Assist customer service on product application, customer issues, and customer opportunities.
- Create product/market training presentations and deliver presentations to diverse groups.
- Develop collateral, rollout and launch plans for existing product lines.
- Develop sets of collateral materials in order to re-launch existing products or redesigned products.
- Use BOE reporting to create Pareto charts to show product trends and market trends by region and report findings to upper Management.
- Work with Customer Service and Marketing Specialists to effectively capture “no-quotes” in order to identify weak links in the product breadth.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Water Market experience is required.
- Must be able to establish and consistently meet project timelines to drive a project through to completion.
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment; (team player).
- Organization skills; ability to lead and manage project resources.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in outlining and obtaining technical market research.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in structural product design engineering and product management, with knowledge of composites, and practical applications.
- MBA a plus.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify process improvements and drive change.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to demonstrate high energy and persistence in a fast pace work environment that changes in variety and pace at a moment’s notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – detail oriented.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Project skills (Gantt chart skills, resource scheduling, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Challenge the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practices.
- Make decisions in a timely and appropriate manner while at the same time ensuring tasks are done right the first time.
- Be resolute in focusing on results.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Develop trust in people and able to influence others.
- An ability to be assertive and direct all while maintaining strong relationships.
- Be proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done with a sense of urgency, and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.