The primary responsibility of the Market Manager (Commercial Greenhouse Sales Specialist) will be to increase sales of Commercial Greenhouse Systems and Accessories.
- Fielding initial inquiries from prospective customers interested in purchasing and/or learning more about Commercial Greenhouse Systems and related equipment. Creating orders for Commercial Greenhouse Systems that include all necessary accessories.
- Closing ability to hit and exceed sales goals
- Able to work within a team environment with project managers and engineers
- Effective multi-tasker, capable to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and present accordingly to all levels of the sales cycle
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- 10+ years experience in agriculture / horticulture
- Bachelor’s Degree (major in agronomy, biology, plant physiology, chemistry preferred)
- Traditional agronomy / horticultural education. Need to have a strong fundamental knowledge of agronomy and plant physiology.
- Experience selling systems, equipment, or chemicals into greenhouses
- Successful track record of commercializing products or technology in horticulture
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Proficient in Spanish a plus (spoken and written)
- Lives on the West Coast (ideally in California)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills