Health information management is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record. The Health Information Management (HIM) Market Manager leads, directs and coordinates the activities of Records Management for all HIM staff in acute facilities within their assigned market. The Market Manager as oversight on all process and staff related to: pulling/retrieving/sorting clinical records/documents, document assessment, prepping, scanning/indexing, quality analysis of paper medical record documents into any record scanning application/electronic medical record system, and on-site release of information tasks/workflows for walk-in medical record requests. The Market Manager ensures that all staff and workflows within the market are customer focused. The Market Manager will ensure that all departments/workflows operate within CMS/TJC regulations/standards. The HIM Market Manager assists and participates in any regulatory survey response as appropriate. In addition, the HIM Market Manager will collaborate with other HIM Market Managers to ensure all operations are standardized across the enterprise. This colleague will also foster working relationships with other departments to ensure timely resolution within these workflows.
- Education: Bachelor's degreerequired. Master's degreepreferred.
- Experience: Minimum eight years’ experience in health information management. Minimum of five years in health care management/leadership experiencerequired. Experience of leading multiple departments in a large integrated healthcare system preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: RHIA/RHIT required.
- Additional skills required: Effective Operational Decision Making – relating and comparing; securing relevant information and identifying key issues; committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values. Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment and/or circumstances with a positive outlook; and adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Initiative – independently takes prompt proactive steps towards problem resolution. Managing conflict – dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Stress tolerance – maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization. Planning and Organization –proactively prioritizes initiatives, effectively manages resources and keen ability to multi-task. Communication – communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders. Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations. Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job. Facilitation – ability to facilitate small to large groups of people at various organizational levels for purpose of planning, problem solving, or strategy development. Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required. Policies and Procedures – articulate knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems. Project Management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately. Coach, Mentor and Educate – provides timely guidance and feedback to help strengthen the knowledge/skill set of others to accomplish a task or solve a problem. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency test. Experience with fostering strong relationships with members of a medical staff; familiarity with Joint Commission, CMS, and other related regulations that pertain to medical record/hospital records. Must be comfortable in a computer based workflow environment. Should have a strong working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Must be able to set/meet standardized productivity metrics/goals for team/departments within the market. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional skills preferred:Experience with the EPIC EHR and/or Hyland On Base scanning application