Develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing plans while serving as the nexus markets and product offerings. This Market manager will own the priorities of certain markets to target and focus resources while directing the product teams to drive competitive advantages and therefore share gain in their chosen spaces.
In order to execute on a marketing strategy the Marketing Manger must be process oriented and understand how to implement key commercial toolsets focusing on data instead of intuition for direction.
Must have expertise in:
- TAM / SAM Segmentation (Method – Mekko)
- Need Based Segmentation driven by VOC – (KPI – Share gain)
- New product launch market planning – (KPI – Demand generation in target markets)
- Pricing Strategy and execution – (KPI – Price Realization)
- Sales tool development – (KPI – Funnel Creation)
- Demand Generation Strategy – (KPI – Revenue and Margin)
- Marketing managers must have the skill sets to build processes, KPI's and analysis around the above areas to run their business, report to the team and course correct when deliverables are not met.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing plans for target markets and for aligned offerings within area of responsibility.
- Coordinate efforts of all functional areas of the organization to meet marketing objectives and drive share gain initiatives.
- Initiate and complete market analysis including product sales and profitability, customer and industry surveys and industry trends.
- Must have facilitation skills to bring teams together for the building of the market, pricing and innovation strategies along with building action plans to execute
- Monitor competition and develop analysis to include companies, technologies, products, pricing, market/product positioning and market share analysis.
- Assess market needs and opportunities for new products or product positioning through market research, VOC and feasibility analysis. Keep current with market trends.
- Interface with BU’s to align teams on market, customer and blue ocean opportunities that will drive innovation and product investment prioritization.
- Provide data driven guidance to direct the pricing of products within area of responsibility and implement processes to manage price variation
- Develop training programs for sales reps for products within area of responsibility and produce sales tools to support sales activities
- Create presentations for both internal and external meetings as necessary
- Direct Marketing Communications to drive advertising and promotions
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a strategic market management role
- Must have worked in a highly technical environment
- Must have developed and executed strategic and tactical Marketing Plans
- Must have been responsible for launching new products
- Must have been active in sales rep training
- Must have developed pricing models and implemented programs to achieve margin and revenue targets
- Must have developed segmentation models and determined Key Purchase Drivers
- Must be familiar in the development and use of SWOT Analysis
- Must have lead or been part of a VOC Team
- Managed multiple product portfolio
- BA/BS in Marketing or Technical Area, MBA Optional