Who We Are
We’re Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland, OH. We’re laser focused on helping the world’s largest and most trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire business—in fact, we’ve sold more than 60 million tires to date. We’re a thriving company, and we’re looking for driven individuals to join our team. That’s where you come in!
As a Market Manager, Tire Stores, your essential job functions will include the following:
Standards of Excellence
- Implement and hold the Tire Service Advisors (TSAs) accountable for adherence to tire store operational standards and usage of the Service Lane Inspection (SLI) Tool:
- Welcome guest to dealership
- Inspect/identify tire and alignment needs
- Offer solution
- Overcome objections and obstacles
- Add to repair order (RO)
Leadership, Mentoring and Coaching
- In-dealership associate coaching:
- Spend 60% of time in the dealership with the associate, directly observing their behavior and providing direct feedback (through both announced and unannounced visits).
- Conduct shoulder-to-shoulder coaching, acting as the lead expert on the service drive and demonstrating what good looks like.
- Ensure all dealership personnel are being trained and provided feedback on all products and tools offered by Dealer Tire.
- Provide formal direct feedback around observations, strengths, areas of opportunities and ways to mitigate gaps utilizing coaching documents.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaged and accountable TSA team through strong leadership, coaching and development opportunities that includes formal quarterly individual development plan discussions.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Complete a performance evaluation of each TSA and recommend appropriate action such as promotions, counseling and termination.
- Determine staffing needs, interview potential candidates and hire associates.
Service Drive Operations
- Partner with dealerships to provide engaging, innovative service drive solutions which deliver customer safety, satisfaction and retention and assist the dealership with meeting/exceeding sales and unit objectives.
- Oversee and enhance all tire program components, maintenance care items, Maintenance & Light Repair (MLR) and operational functions including but not limited to; product screens, pricing, inventory, inspection process and sales effectiveness (closure rate).
- Partner with dealerships on reporting needed to grow their business and track success to include, but not limited to: competitive shop pricing data, RO data, Customer Pay, Internal Sales and Alignment Sales.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to identify and implement processes to utilize the data collected from multiple systems to market to dealership customers where applicable.
- Interact with the Service Manager and Parts Manager to determine a retail competitive product screen and pricing strategy.
- Provide Scorecard Review Meeting with Service Manager, Parts Manager, General Manager and OEM representative regarding sales effectiveness and staff effectiveness along with providing recommendations to improve execution of tire programs and MLR Programs (process implementation). Provide insight on next level of performance at BIC and what action would be needed to achieve next level.
- Provide dealership management and OEM representatives a summary of the scorecard meetings with pertinent facts and action items in a timely manner utilizing Salesforce.
- Understand and analyze the pay plans for advisors and parts counter associates to be able to effectively influence behavior, as well share best practices with management.
- Timely completion of all monthly management and expense reports.
- Foster a culture of collaboration between TSAs within the market.
- Share successful practices with Field Operations Manager, TSAs and Regional Managers.
- Collect, share and implement successful practices based on metrics; report outcomes to RMs, Dealership Management and Field Operations Manager.
- Communicate operational priorities, objectives and goals to RTSMs and TSAs.
- Launch new Tire Stores.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Must be able to perform the job requirements of the Tire Service Advisor, as required
- Preferred 4+ years of experience in tires, automotive, or a related industry
- Retail store management experience required
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency at intermediate level with all Microsoft Office products
- Results Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management/prioritization
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Building
- Customer Focus
- Value Selling
- Driving Change
- Attention to Detail
- Acquires and Develops Talent
Physical Job Requirements
- Standing for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, crouching, and twisting
- Lifting at least 75 pounds
- Travel required – approximately 85%
- Meet the requirements of Dealer Tire’s Motor Vehicle Record Policy and Company Vehicle Fleet Policy