Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instill a proper safety culture. Involve branch managers in our safety program, keeping safe work habits a priority.
- Provide leadership and direction for branch managers in your market.
- Plan and implement strategies for growth in your market.
- Implement/reinforce corporate and regional policy within your market.
- Ensure profitable branch operations.
- Work with branch managers for sales projections and budgeting responsibilities in your market.
- Follow and, when necessary, devise and implement effective procedures for daily operations consistent with Company guidelines.
- Work closely with other branch management personnel to recognize and correct operational problems.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to assure that safe operational procedures are followed and all reporting is filed with a minimum of lag time.
- Determine facility and equipment needs and work with appropriate Company staff to fill these needs and ensure that proper maintenance is performed.
- Ensure that inventory is adequate to meet customer needs in your market; suggest inventory changes and ensure accurate inventory control and record keeping.
- Monitor and sign off on Cash Drawer Checkout and verify all bank deposits for the branch.
- Organize and maintain the warehouse and store layout for maximum efficiency and safe operations.
- Ensure efficient and legal personnel operations by maintaining adequate staffing to meet Company and customer needs in the most efficient and economical manner.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES :
- Work closely with Branch Manager in the training and efficient operations of the counter staff so that all customers are treated fairly and professionally.
- Develop and maintaining relationships with major market customers to ensure their continued satisfaction.
- Monitor all customer needs so that inventory is sufficient to meet those needs.
- Work closely with outside sales representatives to develop sales skills.
- Assist the outside sales representatives in the development of new key accounts.
- Train inside and outside sales staff to provide world-class answers to customer questions and concerns.
- Ensure that customer problems are investigated and that acceptable solutions are found.
- Worktop schedule personnel for optimum customer service.
- Follow Company hiring procedures when filling all staff positions.
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel records and supervise the correct reporting of time and work records to the payroll department.
- Monitor employee performance, complete personnel evaluations as required and make appropriate salary-action recommendations.
- Handle disciplinary actions as needed and follow all Company policies and procedures in providing adequate documentation of all such actions.
- Ensure proper training for all staff in branch operations, customer service, and safety.
- 4 year BS in Marketing/Sales, and/or Business.
- 5 years of prior management experience with increasing level of responsibility
- 5 years of Industry (or) Industry related experience
- Cross functional expertise (finance, operations, human resources, supply chain, sales…)
- Proven Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word, and Excel
- Mincron, operating. Ability to learn a software package.
- Products: Residential & Commercial Roofing, Residential Siding and Windows (Vinyl & Wood)
- Must possess the entrepreneur spirit; be self-motivated, and enthusiastic about our business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be ethical and honest.
- Must have experience in the building material distribution industry, particularly selling residential roofing products, with demonstrated success in those products to a local contractor base.
- Must be dependable and have a current state issued driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a company required drug test.
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language to communicate with vendors, customers and other branch employees.