Reporting to the District Manager, the Market Manager will direct the efficient operations of up to three branches in a designated market area. Candidate will also fulfill the Corporate Missions of providing quality products and high levels of service while continuing to grow the business profitably.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instill a proper safety culture. Involve branch managers in our safety program, keeping safe work habits a priority.
- Provide leadership and direction for branch managers in your market.
- Plan and implement strategies for growth in your market.
- Implement/reinforce corporate and regional policy within your market.
- Ensure profitable branch operations.
- Work with branch managers for sales projections and budgeting responsibilities in your market.
- Follow and, when necessary, devise and implement effective procedures for daily operations consistent with Company guidelines.
- Work closely with other branch management personnel to recognize and correct operational problems.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to assure that safe operational procedures are followed and all reporting is filed with a minimum of lag time.
- Determine facility and equipment needs and work with appropriate Company staff to fill these needs and ensure that proper maintenance is performed.
- Ensure that inventory is adequate to meet customer needs in your market; suggest inventory changes and ensure accurate inventory control and record keeping.
- Monitor and sign off on Cash Drawer Checkout and verify all bank deposits for the branch.
- Organize and maintain the warehouse and store layout for maximum efficiency and safe operations.
- Ensure efficient and legal personnel operations by maintaining adequate staffing to meet Company and customer needs in the most efficient and economical manner.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES:
- Work closely with Branch Manager in the training and efficient operations of the counter staff so that all customers are treated fairly and professionally.
- Develop and maintaining relationships with major market customers to ensure their continued satisfaction.
- Monitor all customer needs so that inventory is enough to meet those needs.
- Work closely with outside sales representatives to develop sales skills.
- Assist the outside sales representatives in the development of new key accounts.
- Train inside and outside sales staff to provide world-class answers to customer questions and concerns.
- Ensure that customer problems are investigated and that acceptable solutions are found.
- Worktop schedule personnel for optimum customer service.
- Follow Company hiring procedures when filling all staff positions.
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel records and supervise the correct reporting of time and work records to the payroll department.
- Monitor employee performance, complete personnel evaluations as required and make appropriate salary-action recommendations.
- Handle disciplinary actions as needed and follow all Company policies and procedures in providing adequate documentation of all such actions.
- Ensure proper training for all staff in branch operations, customer service, and safety.
- 5 years of prior management experience with increasing level of responsibility
- 5 years of Industry (or) Industry related experience
- Cross functional expertise (finance, operations, human resources, supply chain, sales…)
- Proven Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Internet, Word, and Excel
- Products: Residential & Commercial Roofing, Residential Siding and Windows (Vinyl & Wood)
- Must possess the entrepreneur spirit; be self-motivated, and enthusiastic about our business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be dependable and have a current state issued driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a company required drug test.
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language to communicate with vendors, customers and other branch employees.
- 4-year BS in Marketing/Sales, and/or Business.
- Mincron, operating. Ability to learn a software package.
- Must have experience in the building material distribution industry, particularly selling residential roofing products, with demonstrated success in those products to a local contractor base.